Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-12-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just picked up my K-1 and want to get additional batteries

Hi all,

New K-1 owner here, and I want to get some extra batteries, who has the best ones? IN the past for my Canons, I've gotten Wasabi from Amazon due they're having more power than the stock Canon batteries. Is that the case with Pentax as well?

If not, who has the best aftermarket batteries?

04-12-2017, 05:37 AM   #2

I find that Pentax batteries perform great, and provide exceptionally long life. I'd just buy another Pentax battery.
04-12-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

While the original Pentax brand batteries are best option, [if you are in Australia] I've had good experiences with various camera batteries from Betterbatt. They come from China, but they seem to do some performance testing and quality control on the batteries they source from Shenzhen, so they have always worked OK for me.
04-12-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
While the original Pentax brand batteries are best option, [if you are in Australia] I've had good experiences with various camera batteries from Betterbatt. They come from China, but they seem to do some performance testing and quality control on the batteries they source from Shenzhen, so they have always worked OK for me.
Thanks, I'm in the US.

04-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've used DSTE batteries with good results. They don't quite have the capacity or longevity of Pentax ones, but since you can buy 10 of them for the price of one Pentax it more than makes up for it.
04-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
I've gotten Wasabi from Amazon due they're having more power than the stock Canon batteries. Is that the case with Pentax as well?
They have greater capacity (not the same as power), at least on the label, for Pentax as well. I have been using Wasabi for about six years and have been generally pleased, though they do start to "age" somewhat faster than Pentax (say about the three year mark). I have been thinking that it may be time to replace mine that I bought spring of 2014.

Steve
04-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have three Watson batteries from B&H that are okay almost as long lasting as the Pentax batteries. I also have two Kapaxen batteries that are not that great. Maybe 200 shots or so. They work fine when charged, but just not for too long. The don't hold a charge as well either. They came as part of a battery charger deal on Amazon.

04-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yes I use their batteries too and find them as good as my pentax originals.
04-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #9
Pentaxian

i got lucky and found a k-01 on ebay for $200, and it came with 8-9 batteries.... used options are out there!
04-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
i got lucky and found a k-01 on ebay for $200, and it came with 8-9 batteries.... used options are out there!
And you got a decent camera. The K-01's are kind of ugly, but work well.
04-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
And you got a decent camera. The K-01's are kind of ugly, but work well.
yeah, it's neat. after updating the software in it, it's much better at af too. i thought the kids would use it, but i think they prefer an ovf! as for me, i never pick up anything besides the k-1!
04-13-2017, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
yeah, it's neat. after updating the software in it, it's much better at af too. i thought the kids would use it, but i think they prefer an ovf! as for me, i never pick up anything besides the k-1!
You could set it up to do something like time lapse photography or set it up on a copy stand and use it to digitize old family photos.
04-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
I've used DSTE batteries with good results. They don't quite have the capacity or longevity of Pentax ones, but since you can buy 10 of them for the price of one Pentax it more than makes up for it.
This! ^^^^^
04-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #14
Forum Member

DSTE or Wasabi batteries are good. You will get two of them for the price of one Pentax (with charger). If you do not need extra charger, the price of third party battery is a little bit less than 1/3 of Pentax battery price
04-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #15
Pentaxian

also, i like the smaller form factory of third party chargers!