Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2017, 11:50 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New firmware update 1.41

Looks like Ricoh just released a new Firmware update.. nothing BIG.. but still.. an update is an update..

Latest PENTAX K-1 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Changes to V1.41

[Enhanced features]
Correspond to Image Transmitter 2 version 2.3.0 
[Function enhancement/Additional item when using Image Transmitter 2 version 2.3.0 ]
- Drive mode change function.
- White balance change function.
- Custom image change function.
- Image recording format change function.
- JPEG recording size change function
- Recording image quality change function.
- Card slot setting function.
- Live view magnification change function.
- Focus fine adjustment function for live view.
- Focus assists setting function.
- Start and stop / file transfer for movie shooting. (Live view is incompatible)
Improved stability for general performance. 
*When this update is done, the contents of version 1.40 and earlier will be also updated.

04-20-2017, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #2

Rad! Keeping my fingers crossed a 4:5 crop mode is still on the backburner
04-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #3

Thanks for the post. Have updated my K-1 and its still working, yay. But can't find anywhere in the menus to change "Card slot setting function".
04-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Thanks for the post. Have updated my K-1 and its still working, yay. But can't find anywhere in the menus to change "Card slot setting function".
because is it just for Image Transmitter > Function enhancement/Additional item when using Image Transmitter 2 version 2.3.0

I am disappointed too about this function :/

04-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Press menu then press info button. You will see a selection option in the bottom left. I don't recall it being there previously though I could be wrong.

Tas
04-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Press menu then press info button. You will see a selection option in the bottom left. I don't recall it being there previously though I could be wrong.
Tas
It is there on my 1.40 K-1, but only allows to switch the mode (single card at a time, simultanously to both cards - 'backup,' or DNG/JPG seperate). You can't select which card images are written to if you're in 'write to single card only' mode. Is this possible now?
04-20-2017, 01:14 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
You mean press info button, not menu button? Pressing Info shows the Memory Card Options at bottom left corner of screen, but the memory card options hasn't changed. Still can't select memory card slot without physically removing the card work around.

04-20-2017, 01:26 AM   #8
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
You can't select which card images are written to if you're in 'write to single card only' mode. Is this possible now?
Still can't select memory card slot without physically removing the card work around.
Yes, sorry guys it was there before and no it doesn't do anything different than last time. Well I tried each item listed after updating instead of checking beforehand so I'm not able to identify any operating changes.

Tas
04-20-2017, 01:30 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Focus fine adjustment function for live view.
If this means you can use CDAF to automatically fine-tune PDAF, then I'm excited....
04-20-2017, 02:34 AM   #10
Forum Member

automatic focus stacking??

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
If this means you can use CDAF to automatically fine-tune PDAF, then I'm excited....
A first step towards onboard automatic focus stacking??
04-20-2017, 04:09 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
It is there on my 1.40 K-1, but only allows to switch the mode (single card at a time, simultanously to both cards - 'backup,' or DNG/JPG seperate). You can't select which card images are written to if you're in 'write to single card only' mode. Is this possible now?
Ricoh said they can't do this for patent reasons, but that they're looking for a way around it.

Looks like this update is the first step for unlocking other drive modes during tethered shooting. Hopefully Image Sync is next!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2017, 04:17 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Not.

But it allows to "manual" focus in very small increments in tethered LV.

Add some extra code and yes, you could get focus stacking.

Anyhow the current option is already great for macro and product shots.
04-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #13
Unregistered User

And I was hoping for the mechanical SR in movie mode
04-20-2017, 06:00 AM   #14
Veteran Member

eh, I'll take the "general stability improvements" I guess (although I've never had an issue with stability with my K-1). Obviously this was a needed update (for people that need tethering capability), but I was hoping for more after waiting for so long since 1.40
04-20-2017, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by IggzDaLoc Quote
Rad! Keeping my fingers crossed a 4:5 crop mode is still on the backburner
Please Ricoh... Give us 5:4 or 4:3 crop mode in live view, and hopefully in the OVF overlay as well.