Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Decent cable release for K1

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

When 30" is not enough it would be nice to control longer exposure times even counting seconds. Pentax does not have a solution, the wifi app is lacking the feature... maybe I am blind, but can anyone reocmmend a cable release with timing control? It would be nice to have something with decent feeling in your hand as well, tyring to avoid cheap malfunctioning garbage.

04-26-2017, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? 1.40 and beyond allows up to 20 minutes for bulb exposures. In my own opinion, for short ranges, the O-RC1 is the best "cable release" for the K-1. It's a little key fob that gives wireless autofocus and shutter release, and can be used with the K-1 timer in bulb mode. No cable or anything to plug in at all anymore (though you still have that option with the K-1 if you want to use a wired release). The O-RC1 will work up to about 15 feet (depending). If you need more range than that, there are other solutions, wired and wireless.
04-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Aputure AP-TR1C works well.
Aputure AP-TR1C Fernauslösekabel, programmierbarer: Amazon.de: Kamera
04-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All you need is an audio extension cord with the same jack as your cable. 1/8" I think but not 100% positive. Take your remote to local audio store and ask for an extension cable. You need a male / female cable with the same jack in whatever length you want.

04-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I use the following wired remote with my K-3II and K-5IIS. It derives its power from the camera, so it does not require a battery itself.

Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote Switch for Select Cameras RS-C1II B&H
04-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
penndragonn

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I use the following wired remote with my K-3II and K-5IIS. It derives its power from the camera, so it does not require a battery itself.

Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote Switch for Select Cameras RS-C1II B&H
Yep, use same one....zero issues and no batteties
04-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by penndragonn Quote
Yep, use same one....zero issues and no batteties
It does a nice job for me also. No battery failure or battery replacement issue.