Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
Corel sent a request for some diagnostics which I sent them. 7 minutes later I get an email with a link to download a new version. There may be hope yet. ;-)
I've been using the latest version for a couple days now and no crashes. Seems a bit faster too, less lag.

05-04-2017, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
I am using LR5 at the moment and I don't have the RAW for K1 as I refuse to pay for LR CC.
First, good on you for not turning yourself into a slave for Adobe for life.

Second, can you not just set the K-1 to produce DNG files and then import those into LR5?
If that does not work, you should be able to use their free DNG converter and convert K-1 (PEF?!) files into DNG files. The latter should definitely load into LR5.

P.S.: I gave up on Adobe after LR 3.6. I'm now using Capture One Pro and am much happier.
05-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Currently I am doing that. I use DNG and import into LR5. I am also trying out another software which is not so easy to use called RAW Therapee I think.

I might look for others too.

05-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Supakatti Quote
Wonderful!
I've used Adobe since switching to K-1. And the Corel customer support was under every measure, when I contacted them. I had just bought an update licence.
I don't know, if I will return. I miss the ease of use in Corel products. But I'm still not forgiven the way they did not communicate.

But let us know, how it works!
I've had good luck playing with Corel Aftershot pro 3 so far. One member had it crash on him 3 times, got his money back, but so far I haven't had the problem. For the money, pro 3 is a good choice for editing DNG files though I prefer lightroom. I bought the video book: lightroom6/cc training for photographers by Tony Northrup for $23.00. It's okay, what I don't like is when he tells you to open up a tool, but doesn't tell you where it's at. A lot of basic stuff also. But I enjoy what he mentions as he tells you, for example, how to do portrait stuff by using certain tools. He also gives you a link to his video's, but you can also find this stuff from other authors.

lightroom is quite involved and it's helpful to have a book for looking up info as compared to reading on-line from Adobe. There are other books you can purchase, so i can't say what's best. I see license keys for $38.00 on Ebay for after shot, so it's cheap compared to lightroom.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.