Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
K-1? HEH!

My KX is beyond me.

But I can work on one thing at a time. Such as, before the tree comes down I WILL expose one of those OOF multi-colored Mini-light bokeh shots with the Fat Fifty.
(Laughs)

12-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
Oh I quite enjoy the K-1. The Pentax 15-30 was ordered this morning. Now to decide the next lens for 2020.
That's fantastic, ST, I'd love one.

12-28-2018, 05:42 PM - 7 Likes   #48
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photographers, particularly amateurs, will tend to invest in good quality equipment that improves their experience, even if not improving their results. Most people invest their money into equipment as the value they get out of the vocation increases, and expendable income is made available for it. So the K-1 may well be more camera than most will use, but like a fine car that has more horsepower than what may ever be used, the experience of driving such a car is enough for the driver to want to invest in it.
01-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by sibyrnes Quote
Come on, guys...a camera is just a tool. Do you feel "insufficient" for your pencil because you can't write like Hemmingway?
Well, it depends on how big your pencil is.....

01-02-2019, 07:19 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
This is a thread for those who may want to come out of the closet.

Lots of threads and posts have been made on how some aspect of the K-1 isn't good enough, well this thread is about saying out loud for all to hear that, in your world, "it's me letting the K-1 down for the most part"

Go on..... you know it's true!

I'm coming out.... by the way!
Very few people actually use what they own to full capability.

My truck will carry close to 1500 kg, pull a 5500 kg trailer, seat 5 and travel close to 200 kph. In two years of ownership, I have never had reason to put more than a couple of hundred kilos in the back, it's had back seat passengers perhaps half a dozen times, mostly I'm the only person in it, and I use it to haul my 2700 kg trailer 3 weeks of the year.
I feel no guilt whatsoever about this horrid underuse of the vehicle, and you should feel the same way about not using your camera to the edge of it's capabilities.
01-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #51
dbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Wheat

I would not want to be the on the road whilst all those paramaters are being met at once...scary

Dave
01-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Wheat

I would not want to be the on the road whilst all those paramaters are being met at once...scary

Dave
Not all at once, of course.
01-05-2019, 06:31 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sometimes I think that many features are added to a camera simply because they can be. The cell phone used to simply be a mobile phone. Now that is probably the lease used feature on most of them.

01-06-2019, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
This is a thread for those who may want to come out of the closet.

Lots of threads and posts have been made on how some aspect of the K-1 isn't good enough, well this thread is about saying out loud for all to hear that, in your world, "it's me letting the K-1 down for the most part"

Go on..... you know it's true!

I'm coming out.... by the way!
I've always owned the top Pentax and will continue to do so knowing full well I won't use it to its full potential.