Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2017, 04:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

another auto bracketing question

im loving using auto bracketing on my k1.BUT my crazy question is: can i use auto bracketing AND selftimer at the same time? AND if so, how. thanks ahead of time for all the help.
fred from daytona

05-18-2017, 09:45 AM - 2 Likes   #2
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes. Select bracketing mode for the drive mode. Press the "down" button, then the "right" or "left' button to select the Bracketing/Timer sub-mode. With the wheels, set the bracketing values (# shots, EV spread) that you want. Now press INFO to get Parameter Adjust. Select either "12-second timer" or "2-second timer", press OK. Press OK to finalize your bracketing.

Note that selecting the 12-second timer causes the single 12 second delay BEFORE any shots are made, followed by all bracketing shots with NO delay between, and the mirror flaps up and down. Selecting the 2-second delay causes a 2 second delay before EACH shot, with the mirror going up at the beginning of each delay, reducing shake for each shot, and down after each shot.
05-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Yes. Select bracketing mode for the drive mode. Press the "down" button, then the "right" or "left' button to select the Bracketing/Timer sub-mode. With the wheels, set the bracketing values (# shots, EV spread) that you want. Now press INFO to get Parameter Adjust. Select either "12-second timer" or "2-second timer", press OK. Press OK to finalize your bracketing.

Note that selecting the 12-second timer causes the single 12 second delay BEFORE any shots are made, followed by all bracketing shots with NO delay between, and the mirror flaps up and down. Selecting the 2-second delay causes a 2 second delay before EACH shot, with the mirror going up at the beginning of each delay, reducing shake for each shot, and down after each shot.
thanks so much. you would think id have that figured out but when i tried before i got the self timer but not the ongoing auto bracket.
05-20-2017, 01:48 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote

thanks, ted42. it works! i think the clue of hitting the info button was what i was not doing. just tested it a minute ago. im going out to shoot sunrise in about an hour. cant wait. AND cant thank you enough.