Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2017, 04:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K 1 and a/c power

I've used most of the K series cameras with the a/c power accessory with no problem. I have a question whether I need the battery in the camera as well. Many devices like laptops need the battery in place to use a/c which suspect has to do with charging. Pentax cameras do not charge from power setup.
RONC

05-28-2017, 04:10 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Ron, the K-1 manual ( p.35 ) mentions nothing about the battery when using the ac adapter.

EDIT - But it cautions against losing power while accessing the memory cards as this will corrupt them, so for me, I would leave the battery in.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 05-28-2017 at 04:22 AM.
05-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Peter,
Thanks for the quick response. I lean toward leaving the battery in but yesterday LV was turned on and away went three batteries' charges. Had two charging but was going to have to make camera mobile again for needed shots. Luckily my extension cord appeared but need to be prepared next time LV is on. I never use LV but younger ones use it.

Might need to find power storage with equivalent to 3 batteries.

Cheers,
RONC
05-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Buy the kid's their own camera.

05-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Buy the kid's their own camera.
Then I'll have 9 more batteries to tend to. You never win with the kids and especially the grandchildren. They are natural shooters though. I need a nap!

RONC
05-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
I need a nap!
My refrain these days.
05-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My refrain these days.
Being retired requires at least one nap but nature's calls in the middle of the night each require another snooze in the easy chair or a stretchout on the sofa. Forty winks minimum. Just don't snooze on the John.

Remember the only things that have priorities over naps are snoozes and John calls. Nothing should interrupt a NAP! Anyone who interrupts a NAP should be severely punished. Practice NAPs (snoozes) that are interrupted brings bad puns to the offender.

Amen.
RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 05-29-2017 at 05:40 PM.