Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
Pentaxian

User Modes and menu values

Each of the 5 user modes can have unique settings for most menu values. That includes some things I always want to be the same.

For example, AF Fine Adjust can be set to None (ignore fine adjust) / Apply All (one adjustment applies to all lenses) / Apply One (each lens can have its own adjustment ). I set my User Modes shortly after buying my camera and realized they were all saved as "Apply All". Is there any easy way to change all my modes to "Apply One"?

Is there any way to customize which values are saved, and which values are kept across all modes?

I think the answer to both questions is "no". I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by DeadJohn; 05-31-2017 at 12:23 PM.
05-31-2017, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What do you mean by "custom modes"? If you mean the five "User" modes, the following applies:
  • Page 101 and following in the user manual are super useful and include the list of settings that may be set as unique for each User mode
  • Those not on the list are the same for all User modes and will reflect the current camera setting

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-31-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Removed extra word
05-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What do you mean by "custom modes"? If you mean the five "User" modes, the following applies:
  • Page 101 and following in the user manual are super useful and include the list of settings that may be set as unique for each User mode
  • Those not on the list are the same for all User modes and will be reflect the current camera setting

Steve
Yes, I meant User Modes. The thread title has been fixed.
05-31-2017, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I guess your best bet is to put the camera in any mode apart from USER modes. Then change the settings to those you have chosen for each mode and select Save USER mode X