Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Can't find how to separate out RAW files in DCU 5.7.2 Option is not there. What software natively supports the K-1's DNG HDR files?
I've used RAWTherapee because it natively supports the DNG files from my K-1. It's easy to separate the HDR files from an HDR shot and then I import those to Photomatix for HDR processing which works well for me. RAWTherapee is an open source program with numerous processing options (right now I use only a minimal number of those), and is a free download. I worried about bugs in an open source program, but it has few and those usually get addressed as soon as they are identified to the community. The nice thing is that it works "out of the box" with K-1 HDR and Pixel Shifted files so it's become my go-to program for handling those types of K-1 files.

11-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
In the menu, right click or something to add buttons and you will find the extract HDR button. Do not remember if it is in normal mode or in dvelopement mode but it is there.
OK it's only visible in BROWSER mode. Then it can be found under the TOOLS menu.