Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-14-2017, 07:38 AM   #1

Hand held external flash unit for K-1

I have a K-1 and primarily do flower photography. I want an external flash which has a flexible cable which I can hand hold to direct light from a chosen angle. It does not need to be powerful, I'm talking fill flash only. Advice appreciated

07-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why a flexible cable? Might be easier to get something like the Cactus RF60 and the Cactus v6 wireless trigger.
07-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Why a flexible cable? Might be easier to get something like the Cactus RF60 and the Cactus v6 wireless trigger.
What he said ^ ^ ^

If it is a cable you want, any number of available accessory cables plus your flash of choice should work.

TTL Cords & Accessories | B&H Photo Video

Steve
07-14-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I own the Vello TTL cord and have been very happy with it.

07-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bedouin1990 Quote
I have a K-1 and primarily do flower photography. I want an external flash which has a flexible cable which I can hand hold to direct light from a chosen angle. It does not need to be powerful, I'm talking fill flash only. Advice appreciated
For field use I use a cable as you suggest. The wireless flash options offer more flexibility but can be a pain in the field. I use an inexpensive
FG200AF Pentax flash for fill. Can be had for ~$70. Up to -3 compensation available for fill and easy to use.
07-14-2017, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
The wireless flash options offer more flexibility but can be a pain in the field.
Funny, I tried the cable route at first and decided it was far too painful and bought the wireless trigger. Always different ways to do these things.