Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Tethering in Lightroom

I know if can be done but curious what the difference is (if any) between the two downloads on the Pentax site.

1 - PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® (Simple Version)
2 - PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® via IMAGE Transmitter 2

Is the second one wireless?

4 Days Ago   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IT2 is also wired. The difference is that IT2 lets you change many more settings, whereas the free LR plugin is just a simple shutter button. In IT2's case, the LR plugin allows the photos to instantly appear in LR after being captured thru IT2.

Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Tethering Guide for the Pentax Lightroom Plugin - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

4 Days Ago   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
IT2 is also wired. The difference is that IT2 lets you change many more settings, whereas the free LR plugin is just a simple shutter button. In IT2's case, the LR plugin allows the photos to instantly appear in LR after being captured thru IT2.

Tethering Guide for the Pentax Lightroom Plugin - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
I use PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® (Simple Version) with Pentax K-1 when shoot film negatives. There is possibility to apply preset and instantly view captured image in LR (negative --> positive). So, I think, simple version can do that as IT2.
4 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

That makes sense. I downloaded the simple one, and it's exactly what it is, simple, but for what I require, it's perfect. I'd just make the changes on the camera as I go, but I could see it being useful in some cases if the camera is positioned in a location where access isn't easy, so the other version could very well be useful in those conditions. Thanks!