Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
looking for replacement of pin cover on K-1 battery grip.

I don't really know where to post this, but since I'm looking for a K-1 part I thought I'd start here. After several days of intensive tripod usage (I always remove the battery grip when I'm using a tripod) I've lost the small white plastic cap that covers the i/o pin array on the battery grip. Since the cover protects the delicate pin array, I'd like to replace it but haven't found a source. I've tried Ricoh Imaging, Amazon, Adorama and B&H. It might help if I knew what it's official name is. If anyone can help I'd be grateful.
NaCl("little white plastic cover thingy" gives 0 results)H2O

07-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I am looking for the same item for my K-3 battery grip (D-BG5).

I think the proper name is 'battery grip terminal cover' or 'terminal cap'.

Here's a recent discussion: Replacement Battery Grip Contact Covers - PentaxForums.com

The only reference I have found to a related part (for the D-BG4) is at SRS in the UK: Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip Terminal Cap - Pentax Accessories - Accessories (I don't think they ship to N. America).

I have had no luck finding a source, so I may fabricate a make-shift part myself.

- Craig
07-20-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote

Here's a recent discussion: Replacement Battery Grip Contact Covers - PentaxForums.com

The only reference I have found to a related part (for the D-BG4) is at SRS in the UK: Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip Terminal Cap - Pentax Accessories - Accessories (I don't think they ship to N. America).

I have had no luck finding a source, so I may fabricate a make-shift part myself.

- Craig
I think you two are looking for something different. Sodium chloride is looking for the clear plastic thing that covers the grip pins when the grip isn't in use, while you are looking for the black rubber stopper that fits on the bottom of the camera when the grip isn't attached.

I called Ricoh about the black rubber plug and the guy mailed me out one free of charge, as it can't be purchased anywhere. I am not sure on the pin cover -- I'd probably call Pentax/Ricoh on that as well and see what they could figure out.
07-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Sodium chloride is looking for the clear plastic thing that covers the grip pins when the grip isn't in use
I also need the "plastic thing" that covers the pins on the grip, not the "black rubber stopper" that covers the contacts on the camera.

I think we're both looking for the item that is illustrated at the SRS link. Apologies if my link to the earlier PF thread implied otherwise.

- Craig

07-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
Forum Member

8.99 though, there must be a lower cost than that
07-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I think you two are looking for something different. Sodium chloride is looking for the clear plastic thing that covers the grip pins when the grip isn't in use, while you are looking for the black rubber stopper that fits on the bottom of the camera when the grip isn't attached.

I called Ricoh about the black rubber plug and the guy mailed me out one free of charge, as it can't be purchased anywhere. I am not sure on the pin cover -- I'd probably call Pentax/Ricoh on that as well and see what they could figure out.
Can you provide the contact number for Pentax/Ricoh?
07-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote

- Craig
The operator's manual calls it "interface pins cap".
07-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Can you provide the contact number for Pentax/Ricoh?
I am not sure. The Ricoh website doesn't seem to up at the moment. It used to be based in Denver.

07-21-2017, 08:32 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I am not sure. The Ricoh website doesn't seem to up at the moment. It used to be based in Denver.
If you're saying you found the telephone number on the Ricoh website - that works for me. Will check it out the next time it's up. If you get any more information, please post just in case. Thanks.
05-03-2018, 03:44 PM - 3 Likes   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
If you're saying you found the telephone number on the Ricoh website - that works for me. Will check it out the next time it's up. If you get any more information, please post just in case. Thanks.
The Ricoh Imaging US customer service number is 1-800-234-0276

If they won't help you US Camera carries this part, it says for the K-3/ii, K-5/ii/iis and K-7. It wouldn't surprise me if it fits the K-1 too.
Pentax Bottom Cover Connector Cap 77240-A410 | USCamera parts+USCamera
10-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, USCamera came through with replacement terminal covers for my K-1. Thanks for the link. Couldn't find them anywhere.
04-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I don't really know where to post this, but since I'm looking for a K-1 part I thought I'd start here. After several days of intensive tripod usage (I always remove the battery grip when I'm using a tripod) I've lost the small white plastic cap that covers the i/o pin array on the battery grip. Since the cover protects the delicate pin array, I'd like to replace it but haven't found a source. I've tried Ricoh Imaging, Amazon, Adorama and B&H. It might help if I knew what it's official name is. If anyone can help I'd be grateful.
NaCl("little white plastic cover thingy" gives 0 results)H2O
I found this cover when searching for vintage parts Pentax 77970-A0410 Connector Cap | USCamera Genuine Pentax PartsUSCamera
04-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice find. I suspect a few of us will need this sometime.