Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2017, 04:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Can't seem to turn off the auto ISO

Hi

I've upgraded from a K-7 to a K-1 yesterday and pretty excited of what the K-1 can do compared to my K-7.
The K-7 as been with me for 7 years and finally I can let it rest for some while.

I've been fiddling around with my K-1 and set it up to my taste, but there's one thing that I can't get around with.
I searched the manual and also this forum but I couldn't find an answer regarding this problem. Maybe it's only
me who's having this problem.

Whenever I turn off and turn the K-1 back on again, the ISO is set as Auto ISO. I know that if I want to change the ISO
I simply can do it by just changing it, but it's really annoying to reset the ISO setting to manual whenever you turn the
camera on.

Is there a way to turn off the auto ISO and only turn it on when I need it?

Thanks

09-09-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

You have a menu where you can set what settings the camera will remember when you turn it off/on. Tick the box for ISO and it will always default to the last set ISO

p103 of the manual

menu 5 in the camera settings
09-09-2017, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #3

In the menu go to Memory and there at Sensitivity tick the checkbox. I guess it is unchecked now. Then it should remember your ISO after you turn your camera off.
09-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you very much