Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #166
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
Just bought your app and I'm thrilled to put it into the field for testing.

Quick question - when in Manual shooting mode, would it be possible to display the light meter reading on the app screen, or a meter deviance number similar to what shows on the top LCD on a K-3 or K-3? This would be for a K-1 mounted out of reach, where I'm too far away to see the back screen or the meter reading in the viewfinder. I'd love to be able to monitor the meter remotely and change exposure settings to match.

Thanks for putting so much work into this app! Can't wait to start using it.
No, we can't. The Pentax do not give us the interface to let us do more.

03-25-2018, 07:52 PM - 2 Likes   #167
Forum Member

Original Poster
The newer release will be coming soon...

Android:
-Trigger the media rescan after completing download, so you will see the photo immediately from the system album app after downloading from the camera.
-Background transfer.
-Keep the screen on when using remote control.
-Automatically connected to the camera's WiFi last connected.
-You may pickup the download directory manually from the settings page.

Fixed:
-The bug that data is not synchronized when EV changed to 0.5.

IOS:
-Keep the screen on when remote control.
-Keep the screen on when downloading photos to avoid downloading abort.

If you can help us to test the last version app and give us feedback before we release to the public, please feel free to register as a tester via Photo Sync App Tester Registration
03-26-2018, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #168
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
  • Automatically connected to the camera's WiFi last connected
Great feature!
03-28-2018, 03:39 AM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just applied for approval to test this app on my K-1. My phone is a Nexus 5 running Marshmallow. Of course Pentax will not allow access to specifics to their APK as they understandably want the $200 USD for their app. In my case the remote control is all I would use this app for and only for special circumstances. By far I would prefer a PC based app in order to take advantage of either my laptops 15.6 or 17.2 inch IPS panels for preview purposes. I have an older Android 10 inch tablet that would be close enough but the version is KitKat (4.?) which may not be compatible with this app? This is a great and welcome effort in any case and well worth the $2 to have on my phone. IMHO an app like this essential for using the pixel shift mode of the K-1. There are obviously several photographic scenarios where taking a laptop along just wouldn't be sensible. Keeping my fingers crossed to be approved as a tester but the $2 is easily affordable. Thanks!

03-28-2018, 04:08 AM   #170
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DizziPixel Quote
Just applied for approval to test this app on my K-1. My phone is a Nexus 5 running Marshmallow. Of course Pentax will not allow access to specifics to their APK as they understandably want the $200 USD for their app. In my case the remote control is all I would use this app for and only for special circumstances. By far I would prefer a PC based app in order to take advantage of either my laptops 15.6 or 17.2 inch IPS panels for preview purposes. I have an older Android 10 inch tablet that would be close enough but the version is KitKat (4.?) which may not be compatible with this app? This is a great and welcome effort in any case and well worth the $2 to have on my phone. IMHO an app like this essential for using the pixel shift mode of the K-1. There are obviously several photographic scenarios where taking a laptop along just wouldn't be sensible. Keeping my fingers crossed to be approved as a tester but the $2 is easily affordable. Thanks!
DizziPixel, if you need a Windows based app, it`s right here: My Pentax wifi remote software - PentaxForums.com
03-28-2018, 06:11 AM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great surprise!

Wow, didn't expect such a great and welcome surprise thanks! I downloaded your file and will check it out shortly and advise if I can successfully stumble my way onto any degree of success at getting things going. Oooops, got so excited I failed to get the zip P/W. Thanks again DrawsACircle, better go get the unzip key before I forget where I saw it .
03-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #172
Pentaxian

Of course Pentax will not allow access to specifics to their APK as they understandably want the $200 USD for their app.
What do you mean?
The us of the Pentax remote app is for free.

03-28-2018, 08:25 PM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, didn't expect such a great and welcome surprise thanks! I downloaded your file and will check it out shortly and advise if I can successfully stumble my way onto any degree of success at getting things going. Oooops, got so excited I failed to get the zip P/W. Thanks again DrawsACircle, better go get the unzip key before I forget where I saw it LOL.

---------- Post added 03-28-18 at 10:30 PM ----------

This software was described as compatible with the K-1 in a posting I read
pentax IMAGE Transmitter 2 | B&H Photo Video
and if that is the case, the fullest remote interfacing functionality lies within this software. I'm not a software engineer but from the description this software has by far the greatest imtegration with the K-1.
03-29-2018, 02:44 AM   #174
Pentaxian

This software was described as compatible with the K-1 in a posting I read
pentax IMAGE Transmitter 2 | B&H Photo Video
and if that is the case, the fullest remote interfacing functionality lies within this software. I'm not a software engineer but from the description this software has by far the greatest imtegration with the K-1.
I wonder why Pentax didn't name the K-1 besides the 645Z as compatible with the IMAGE Transmitter 2.
IMAGE Transmitter 2 on Mac over Wifi? Is this possible? - PentaxForums.com
04-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #175

Hello K-1 user here to - Xiaoming may I ask if the app allows delay timer? The official app doesn't allow it and once you touch shoot a picture's taken - not very handy for group photos when I'm in it. Somehow Ricoh only allows this function for latter model like K-s2 so I'm looking for alternatives and saw this app. Hope there's good news! Thanks.
04-11-2018, 12:18 AM   #176
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by orcscar Quote
Hello K-1 user here to - Xiaoming may I ask if the app allows delay timer? The official app doesn't allow it and once you touch shoot a picture's taken - not very handy for group photos when I'm in it. Somehow Ricoh only allows this function for latter model like K-s2 so I'm looking for alternatives and saw this app. Hope there's good news! Thanks.
Great feedback..
This is what we can do in the app, could you tell me how do you thought about this feature, such as , when you click the dedicated delay shutter button, and also pop up the picture number you wanna take?
04-11-2018, 05:22 AM   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not sure if you're looking for suggestions for additions to the software, but I wonder if there would be any interest in adding an intervalometer option. I've been playing a bit with doing timelapse, and I find the built in one isn't that reliable, and I end up using my wired one. That being said, phone might have to be in range of the camera for it to work, but still might be something to consider. I'd be interested in others opinions on this idea.
04-12-2018, 02:51 AM   #178

Great feedback..
This is what we can do in the app, could you tell me how do you thought about this feature, such as , when you click the dedicated delay shutter button, and also pop up the picture number you wanna take?
For me, I just need the bare basic - I just need to be able to press the remote shutter, it gives me a few seconds to hide my phone and pose properly, and take the shot. Can't imagine how Ricoh couldn't even do just that...even for some unknown reasons the K-1 couldn't handle this, there's always the alternative of delay-sending the trigger command from the app after pressing the shutter button.

Of course, if the self-timer could also control the number of pictures to take (I know in some Canon/ Olympus model you could even specify how much time to lapse between shots) it would be all the merrier.
05-09-2018, 01:56 AM   #179

It's been a while - Xiaoming please do you have any thoughts on the next update to the app?
05-09-2018, 03:32 AM   #180
Forum Member

Dear All,
As a K1 user and a developer, I don't like the Ricoh Image Sync app so I developed a new one, named Pentax Photo Sync, now you can download it from Apple Store now.
PentaxPhotoSync on the App Store

Update 10/1/2017
The app is also available on Android now.

Update 3/26/2018
The newer release will be coming soon...

Android:
-Trigger the media rescan after completing download, so you will see the photo immediately from the system album app after downloading from the camera.
-Background transfer.
-Keep the screen on when using remote control.
-Automatically connected to the camera's WiFi last connected.
-You may pickup the download directory manually from the settings page.

Fixed:
-The bug that data is not synchronized when EV changed to 0.5.

IOS:
-Keep the screen on when remote control.
-Keep the screen on when downloading photos to avoid downloading abort.

If you can help us to test the last version app and give us feedback before we release to the public, please feel free to register as a tester via Photo Sync App Tester Registration

Read more at: Alternative choice for Ricoh Image Sync App - Pentax Photo Sync - Page 12 - PentaxForums.com

Pentax Photo Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Here is what you can get from this app.
1. Transfer photos more faster
The new optimized UI let you quickly find the photos to be transferred, more efficient and up to 50% transfer speed than the original APP.
2. Record the location
Even if the camera does not support GPS, you can also pick up the location before transfer your photos from the camera to download.
3. Quickly overview the camera information and share camera WIFI with others
Support model
Tested on the following models
-
PENTAX K-1
GRII
-
Theoretically supports all Pentax WIFI models.
Does this app support also the Pentax K-S2 ? Or are there users who tested this ?
Closed Thread