Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2017, 03:35 AM   #16

how to connect pentax k-1 to tablet with OTG cable ?

Thank you very much my friend. I also don't like the Ricoh Image Sync app and am looking for a program that I can use my Android mobile phone as an external monitor with usb. Ricoh Image Sync app does not give me high quality Image Sync to adjust the AF.
I love landscape photography and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an android or ios app out there that will allow me to conect my K-1 to an android pad. and better than image sync with good resolution?
or how to use your iPad or tablet as a second monitor?

I see other makers have compatable software but can not find anything for the pentax.

09-19-2017, 03:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
more efficient and up to 50% transfer speed than the original APP.
that alone is really nice and impressive ! Hope that Ricoh will notice this app and will take some action to really step up the game with their app's

Good job ! Keep going !
09-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lage Quote
Do you have any documentation of the protocol? Iīm looking into a external timelapse timer, but have not been to find protocols used over usb or wifi. Ricoh havenīt published any API AFAIK?

BR,
Lage
Hi Lage,
I'm using the network capturing tool to get the Request/Response from the Ricoh Image Sync app. The document I can only found is from here

K-S2 wifi with laptop? - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 09-19-17 at 05:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by anakhaled Quote
Thank you very much my friend. I also don't like the Ricoh Image Sync app and am looking for a program that I can use my Android mobile phone as an external monitor with usb. Ricoh Image Sync app does not give me high quality Image Sync to adjust the AF.
I love landscape photography and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an android or ios app out there that will allow me to conect my K-1 to an android pad. and better than image sync with good resolution?

I see other makers have compatable software but can not find anything for the pentax.

I'm afraid not. The problem is, Pentax do not provide any document publicly so that we can develop such an app to work with it.

---------- Post added 09-19-17 at 05:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
that alone is really nice and impressive ! Hope that Ricoh will notice this app and will take some action to really step up the game with their app's

Good job ! Keep going !
Thank you for your support ~
09-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #19
Forum Member

I'm a K3 user (and have an original ipad 2) so unlikely to use it immediately, but thank you

09-19-2017, 06:41 AM   #20
Pentaxian

anakhaled, if you can use a laptop or perhaps a microsoft tablet (wifi) check this out: My Pentax wifi remote software - PentaxForums.com
09-19-2017, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #21

Great work!

I wonder if this app will work with the K-S2, K-3ii and 645z?

Update: The Ricoh App page says Image Sync is supported on the following:

K-1, KP, K-70, K-S2, Ricoh WG-42 and GR II

Update 2: There is also a GR remote app that the US Ricoh site says supports
PENTAX K-1,PENTAX K-70,PENTAX K-S2,RICOH WG-M2, GR II
however the Japan Ricoh site says only the GR II is supported.

https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/index.php/support/apps
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/download/app/

Any chance of developing a Remote App?

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-19-2017 at 07:30 AM.
09-19-2017, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd pay for the Android version if we had promise of further development about time we had a good working app, the Pentax one is a disgrace to modern UI design lol. Thank you for your effort! I'll be waiting for the Android version

09-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Great work!

I wonder if this app will work with the K-S2, K-3ii and 645z?

Update: The Ricoh App page says Image Sync is supported on the following:

K-1, KP, K-70, K-S2, Ricoh WG-42 and GR II
It should be any Pentax camera that has wifi built in.

Looking forward to using the app. I don't use the image sync app a whole lot except when I am on a trip and want to use my phone to upload images.
09-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
There is also a GR remote app that the US Ricoh site says supports
PENTAX K-1,PENTAX K-70,PENTAX K-S2,RICOH WG-M2, GR II
however the Japan Ricoh site says only the GR II is supported.
Apps
App List | Service Contacts | Support | RICOH IMAGING
Anyone tried to use the GR Remote / WG-M1 Apps with the K-1?
09-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
OK, I got it. The good news is, the android version is on the way.
Looking forward to the Android version also!
09-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you. I also await Android version.
09-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Please keep us posted on when the android version is ready and where to send donations.
09-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Currently own K1, KP and GR. All have WiFi Network profiles on my phone and seem to work OK with ImageSync (though KP seems to drop the connection offer). This should be fun.
09-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, interesting pic, can you explain a little more what's going on in that set up?

I have a K-1 and Image Sync and a very high res Android tablet S2tab. When i have used the Image Sync app with it I found that it doesn't 'scale up' what you're seeing on the tablet, it's just the LCD blown up, therefore I can't take advantage of any extra pixels to see whether my shots were good or not. Essentially I'd have to send/transfer the the jpg across to the tablet and then have a look and then make adjustments etc, basically takes too long.

But here you have yer tablet connected via a cable to the K-1, are you actually able to use the tablet as a Live View via cable, lag free and or with higher resolution? Can you preview your shots in higher res?

Oh, and for the App Developer, I have a feature request, is it best to PM you or just add it here?

Cheers,

Bruce
09-19-2017, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #30

Android please!! Great work!!

Closed Thread