Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
You can choose JPEG recorded pixels and quality, On the K-70 you select it in Camera settings -> Image capture settings.
I think you can do the same with K-1, but this is at the time of capturing a photo i.e. RAW+ or JPG as choice, are these settings also applicable at time of conversion when choosing RAW>JPG? I would check but it's very early morning here and not much light and I'm busy to attending to emails and other items currently, but plan to test later on today.

09-20-2017, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I think you can do the same with K-1, but this is at the time of capturing a photo i.e. RAW+ or JPG as choice, are these settings also applicable at time of conversion when choosing RAW>JPG? I would check but it's very early morning here and not much light and I'm busy to attending to emails and other items currently, but plan to test later on today.
The same options are available if you want to convert a RAW file to JPEG.
I'm just about to go to bed, just have to walk the dog first
09-20-2017, 07:26 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jab2980 Quote
Xiaoming, any idea when this will be posted back to the App Store?
Seems like app store blocked the access for the app that not developed for iOS 11.
I'll try to rebuild the app and submit to app store to check if it works.
It may need about 1 week to submit the app and waiting for Apple to review and approve for it.
09-20-2017, 11:26 PM   #49
RJH

Great news, waiting for the android version. Why is the pentax software so damned slow to transfer images?

09-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RJH Quote
Great news, waiting for the android version. Why is the pentax software so damned slow to transfer images?
I find it no different to the Sony, Canon and Samsung camera software. Perhaps it's true that an industry standard ultra low power wifi chip operates on a single 11Mbs channel.

09-21-2017, 01:55 AM   #51
RJH

Hmm... Power output is unlikely to be the problem. Radiated power follows the inverse square rule. Getting close to the camera will easily make it the most powerful Wi-Fi source at any location.

The developer (OP) claims to have doubled the transfer speed. That should suggest that the problem isn't a hardware constraint. My software claims that the max connection speed (theoretical) is 65Mbs, so about 8 MBs. Transfer rates I'm seeing are about one twentieth of that. Thus my question.

09-21-2017, 02:48 AM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RJH Quote
Hmm... Power output is unlikely to be the problem. Radiated power follows the inverse square rule. Getting close to the camera will easily make it the most powerful Wi-Fi source at any location.

The developer (OP) claims to have doubled the transfer speed. That should suggest that the problem isn't a hardware constraint. My software claims that the max connection speed (theoretical) is 65Mbs, so about 8 MBs. Transfer rates I'm seeing are about one twentieth of that. Thus my question.
No, low power *consumption* and size.

Heat and electrical currents are enemies of digital sensors.

09-21-2017, 05:12 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
People need to be a bit patient. Assuming that Xiaoming is a single person doing this in his/her spare time, it is just nice to have another option, even if it is only for ios at the moment.
Sure, I for one was certainly not putting pressure, rather placing a placeholder so I can follow the thread.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Frankly, though, given the limited processing power and capacity of current phones and tablets, I can't see that there's a whole lot of point to using it for RAW transfers, when a laptop is much easier to use for storage and processing images, and many are almost as small as and often cheaper to buy than a good tablet.
For RAW, I agree. To transfer JPEGs, a phone or tablet is very useful. Say you're far from your home computer and want to share a picture or email it, the wifi transfer is super useful, but the low speed is certainly not a good thing.
09-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can transfer raw files via the Pentax app, but it's slow...really slow.
I've gotten them to transfer, but I can't do anything with them. No opening in Lightroom or Affinity, no copying to the Camera roll. Ill just snag an SD card reader in the interim.

QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
Tested on iOS 11 too. I can see it yesterday, but can not find it today. . It can also transfer the RAWs too.
Well I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!!! Thanks for the work.
09-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mike120 Quote
I've gotten them to transfer, but I can't do anything with them. No opening in Lightroom or Affinity, no copying to the Camera roll. Ill just snag an SD card reader in the interim.
Snapseed has limited support for raw files AFAIK- but yes, currently RAWs and phones don't mix too well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #56
Forum Member

Cant find it at the apple store

I cant seem to find it. Is it still up? You said free until the 21st right?
09-21-2017, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #57
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
I cant seem to find it. Is it still up? You said free until the 21st right?
I’ve fixed this problem and extend the free time. Enjoy it.

---------- Post added 09-21-17 at 05:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mike120 Quote

Well I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!!! Thanks for the work.
Now you can get it from App Store
09-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Sadly it only works for iOS 10.0 or higher.
09-23-2017, 09:08 AM   #59

Is there a trick to get a different user interface language than (presumably) chinese? For those amongst us that don't understand chinese that would be some kind of improvement.

Besides that: Thanks to Xiaoming for your great work!
09-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #60
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funktionsfrei Quote
Is there a trick to get a different user interface language than (presumably) chinese? For those amongst us that don't understand chinese that would be some kind of improvement.

Besides that: Thanks to Xiaoming for your great work!
My bad.
I'll check if I had set the default language to Chinese not English..
Closed Thread