Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2017, 11:01 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Snapseed has limited support for raw files AFAIK- but yes, currently RAWs and phones don't mix too well.
Yeah.... tried editing RAWs for kicks on the iPhone. Didn't look too hot. The iPad Pro though? Pretty excellent. Super snappy, and the Apple Pencil is a godsend.

09-24-2017, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I finally got the chance to try to download this out last night but there's a $.99 price for it. If it works well, I'd be happy to pay for an Android version
09-27-2017, 04:45 AM   #63

I would happily pay good money for this app....

Is there any update when it will be available for android noting thay imagw sync no longer works.
09-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #64

Happily paid for it and it works great. The SD card reader works better (as is to be expected) but for when I leave it at home and want to edit on the go this app is great. Thank you!

09-27-2017, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #65
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mike120 Quote
Happily paid for it and it works great. The SD card reader works better (as is to be expected) but for when I leave it at home and want to edit on the go this app is great. Thank you!
Great. It will work better and better with the future update because I'm using it too.

---------- Post added 09-27-17 at 08:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jg1982 Quote
I would happily pay good money for this app....

Is there any update when it will be available for android noting thay imagw sync no longer works.
The android version will be available in next few weeks. I'm testing it currently.
09-28-2017, 03:38 AM   #66
Veteran Member

The great thing about android is that you can publish (or sell) the .apk and people can sideload it - even on a non-rooted phone. So you can bypass the app shop and any crazy restrictions.

I do not believe the wifi hardware is what produces the very low speed. It is probably something really silly e.g. they used an evaluation kit for the wifi chip and these kits normally come with ready to use software for demo purposes, and a lot of manufacturers base a product on that demo code without doing much to it. You see this in the action cam market, where they almost all use the same Sony sensor and have the same capabilities and camera config options. I reckon they all just use a Sony evaluation/demo kit

If the wifi ran 10x to 20x faster (as it should) then various clever things would be possible.
09-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #67
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mike120 Quote
I've gotten them to transfer, but I can't do anything with them.
I believe that depends on your phone/tablet. My Lenovo tablet doesn't know how to handle RAW files, while my Huawei phone (which also takes pictures in DNG format) does.

10-01-2017, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #68
Forum Member

Original Poster
Update 10/1/2017
The app is also available on Android now. And will be free on 10/2/2017.

Pentax Photo Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Remember to give me rating on the Google Play/App Store, that will help more user to discover this app. Thank you.
10-01-2017, 01:56 AM   #69

Well, thanks for the good work.

Do you have plans to update the iOS version?

Or could you post a translation of the chinese UI, so that non-chinese speakers might try to use the app?

As an interim solution that'd be great.
10-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #70
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funktionsfrei Quote
Well, thanks for the good work.

Do you have plans to update the iOS version?

Or could you post a translation of the chinese UI, so that non-chinese speakers might try to use the app?

As an interim solution that'd be great.
The newer iOS version is under testing too. As a work around, you may change the phone language to English, then you'll have the English UI.
I am still working on update and have some problem to post onto the App Store due to the apple developer portal problem.
10-01-2017, 08:11 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
Update 10/1/2017
The app is also available on Android now. And will be free on 10/2/2017.

Pentax Photo Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Remember to give me rating on the Google Play/App Store, that will help more user to discover this app. Thank you.
Downloaded to my LG V20 running Android 7.0 --- Wouldn't run, kept crashing out. Uninstalled.
10-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bought the app, opened fine. Will test when I get my camera back from repairs thanks for all the hard work!
10-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
Downloaded to my LG V20 running Android 7.0 --- Wouldn't run, kept crashing out. Uninstalled.
Downloaded a 2nd time after turning off my Wi-Fi. App ran and seemed to work, but when I tried to transfer just 1 JPEG image it basically would not transfer. Opened the Ricoh app and was able to download the same picture with no fuss. Uninstalled.
10-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #74

This is so great Xiaoming. I half-wrote something using React-Native, but didn't quite finish and put it in the App Store. Your version looks great.

One minor issue, when I load the DNGs it doesn't show a small preview image. Is this because I shot RAW and not RAW+JPG?

Wifi transfer is slow, but that's to be expected. I'm also not seeing the speed calculating in the download screen. Does the transfer continue when the app is in the background?

At least we can actually download the files, unlike with the Ricoh default app...
Attached Images

10-02-2017, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #75
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jlev Quote
This is so great Xiaoming. I half-wrote something using React-Native, but didn't quite finish and put it in the App Store. Your version looks great.

One minor issue, when I load the DNGs it doesn't show a small preview image. Is this because I shot RAW and not RAW+JPG?

Wifi transfer is slow, but that's to be expected. I'm also not seeing the speed calculating in the download screen. Does the transfer continue when the app is in the background?

At least we can actually download the files, unlike with the Ricoh default app...
Thank you for your feedback.
The DNG file shows empty means it doesn’t has the preview file, but I’ll double check it.
The transfer speed will only display when downloading over 3 files.
The apple do not allow most iOS apps to run in background.
Closed Thread