Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #91

Version 1.1 (that's the version given in AppStore, and it's dated Oct. 4th) seems to be still the current version on the App Store and it does not solve the localization problem.
On non-english locales it defaults to chinese.

In iTunes, the file is named "Pentax Photo Sync 34.ipa", sized 4575174 Bytes.

Regarding the iPad, that version can be installed and used on an iPad, albeit as normal iPhone apps, that is, in double size.

10-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #92
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funktionsfrei Quote
Version 1.1 (that's the version given in AppStore, and it's dated Oct. 4th) seems to be still the current version on the App Store and it does not solve the localization problem.

Regarding the iPad, that version can be installed and used on an iPad, albeit as normal iPhone apps, that is, in double size.
Thank you for your feedback, I'll check if there are something wrong with it.

---------- Post added 10-07-17 at 06:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
I downloaded from the app store today, the app store says v 1.1 (2 days ago). In–app I can find v1.0.35.
The iPad/Android Pad UI optimization is on the way.
10-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #93
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by funktionsfrei Quote

The localization problem is so weird, I set my phone to location Germany and it display English UI.
Could you check if you uninstall and reinstall the app if the UI will change?
10-08-2017, 03:23 AM   #94
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ok thanks, so I tried a few things and found out that I need t add the english language in the language settings.

After switching to English and back again, both languages are now in the list and German has priority.

Xiaoming, maybe in XCode you can you can add a setting to include the language package or something like that?

Attached Images

10-08-2017, 03:25 AM   #95
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok thanks, so I tried a few things and found out that I need t add the english language in the language settings.

After switching to English and back again, both languages are now in the list and German has priority.
Great, thank you for your confirmation.
So the UI display in English now?
10-08-2017, 04:19 AM   #96
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it's English now.

I tested on iPad Air and it also cashes when starting a downlod both pef and jpeg. Anyone else having this?
10-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #97
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, it's English now.

I tested on iPad Air and it also cashes when starting a downlod both pef and jpeg. Anyone else having this?
Please check the Settings page of your phone. Scroll down to the Pentax Photo Sync app and check if you have allow the app permission to access the Photos.

10-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #98
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm... sorry, there is no Option for that. Only for Siri search ans cellular data access.

Also in the other setting „Privacy > Photos“ its not available.
Attached Images

10-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. Just downloaded the Android version.
10-10-2017, 04:53 AM   #100
Pentaxian

It works now. Indeed force closing the app and opening it again did the trick.

I was able to download two images, they both downloaded at the same time, quite fast (the progress bar helps with the impression of speed). after that, it lost the connection with the camera, while Pentax's software was able to connect (it was not opened until after your app lost the connection).

Nice and fluid interface, if it had kept the connection it would have been flawless
10-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #101
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've downloaded it and used it once so far... and so far so good! Much easier and more sensible to use compared to the OEM software, and I was able to switch between cameras quite easily.
10-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #102
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hmm... sorry, there is no Option for that. Only for Siri search ans cellular data access.

Also in the other setting „Privacy > Photos“ its not available.
OK. Thank you for your feedback. Could you tell me the device model you are using?

---------- Post added 10-10-17 at 06:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
It works now. Indeed force closing the app and opening it again did the trick.

I was able to download two images, they both downloaded at the same time, quite fast (the progress bar helps with the impression of speed). after that, it lost the connection with the camera, while Pentax's software was able to connect (it was not opened until after your app lost the connection).

Nice and fluid interface, if it had kept the connection it would have been flawless
The connection should keep even the download progress is completed. I'll check it again.

Last edited by Xiaoming; 10-10-2017 at 06:40 PM.
10-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #103
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I've downloaded it and used it once so far... and so far so good! Much easier and more sensible to use compared to the OEM software, and I was able to switch between cameras quite easily.
Great, so glad it helps.
10-11-2017, 06:24 AM   #104
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
OK. Thank you for your feedback. Could you tell me the device model you are using?
Thanks, I'm using
iPhone 5s Model ME439FD/A 64GB on iOS 11.0.2
and
iPad Air Model FD785FD/B 32GB on iOS 11.0.2.
10-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #105
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I'm using
iPhone 5s Model ME439FD/A 64GB on iOS 11.0.2
and
iPad Air Model FD785FD/B 32GB on iOS 11.0.2.
Thank you. I'll check if I can do more to fix it.
Closed Thread