Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've tried it again and really like it! While it doesn't control the camera, for quick downloads it's become my go-to-app on Android. I like the progress bar, the queued downloads, the simplicity.

10-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #122
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
Great, then I can work on the next version.
Is it possible for your app to transfer GPS log files from memory card to mobile phone?
If it's not, It would be very nice to add that feature.
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Update 10/1/2017
The app is also available on Android now. And will be free on 10/2/2017.

Pentax Photo Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Remember to give me rating on the Google Play/App Store, that will help more user to discover this app. Thank you.
Just bought it on Google Play for my GR II - it works fine, thanks for your work! One question: is it possible to set it up where to download the pictures?
11-04-2017, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #124
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
Just bought it on Google Play for my GR II - it works fine, thanks for your work! One question: is it possible to set it up where to download the pictures?
Thank you and glad to hear that. I'm sorry currently we do not support to pick up the location to save the pictures and we may add this feature in future releases.

---------- Post added 11-04-17 at 02:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I've tried it again and really like it! While it doesn't control the camera, for quick downloads it's become my go-to-app on Android. I like the progress bar, the queued downloads, the simplicity.
So glad that it helps.
We are still working on the wireless control feature, and hope we can have this feature soon.

---------- Post added 11-04-17 at 02:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Is it possible for your app to transfer GPS log files from memory card to mobile phone?
If it's not, It would be very nice to add that feature.
It depends on the api that Pentax camera provide. Currently I'm not able to find the GPS log files from the api.

11-05-2017, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you think it's possible to add the remote camera operation, maybe via paid update to the app? I'd definitely pay to get camera controls, so I don't have to switch between two apps
11-05-2017, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #126
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Do you think it's possible to add the remote camera operation, maybe via paid update to the app? I'd definitely pay to get camera controls, so I don't have to switch between two apps
Sure... we'll add it in future update because I need this feature too.
The price will also go up as soon as this feature released.
11-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put me on the list of excited future buyers when your remote operation feature is available. I'd be really excited for this and it would get a lot of use. Thanks a bunch for developing these!

11-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #128

Download fails on K-70

Just tried the app on Android with my K-70... connects fine, I can select photos to download.
But then in "Downloads" I only see "downloading" without any progress. Tried several times, no success.

Cheers,
Diddle.
11-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #129
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by diddle Quote
Just tried the app on Android with my K-70... connects fine, I can select photos to download.
But then in "Downloads" I only see "downloading" without any progress. Tried several times, no success.

Cheers,
Diddle.
Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app, remember to give the permissions to write to sd card and check it again.
12-26-2017, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #130

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app, remember to give the permissions to write to sd card and check it again.
Well worth the small price. This app works well with IOS. You still need to have the camera Wi-Fi paired with Pentax Image Sync to download photos, but the download process is much easier and faster than trying to download through Pentax Image Sync. Kudos to Xiaoming👍
01-03-2018, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #131
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tbone51 Quote
Well worth the small price. This app works well with IOS. You still need to have the camera Wi-Fi paired with Pentax Image Sync to download photos, but the download process is much easier and faster than trying to download through Pentax Image Sync. Kudos to Xiaoming👍
Thank you for your support.
Now the WIFI remote is still under development, hope I can release it soon.
01-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Thank you for your support.
Now the WIFI remote is still under development, hope I can release it soon.
Would gladly pay for that! Keep us posted please
01-09-2018, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #133

Hi all,

didn't go through the whole thread but what I see is people are focusing ( ) on the image transfer feature that, though useful, is the least useful of the possible functions this app could offer.
As I understand, Xiaoming is working on the remote control features which are IMO the coolest and most useful features for such an app.
It would be incredibly cool to have the possibility to frame the shot on a large screen tablet and control focus, mode and all of the other parameters from a tablet...on top of transferring files.
That of course depends on what parameters the camera actually exposes in the control protocol, but having some is better than nothing...and better than the Image Sync app...

To Xiaoming: I'm a product manager at a music software company and my job is iOS app development (and Android to some extent), GUI design, features implementation, testing and all the related stuff, so if you need feedback or collaboration for the development of the app just reach out and we'll talk.

L.
01-09-2018, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #134
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Would gladly pay for that! Keep us posted please
Yeah. I'll post here as soon as the feature is available.
01-10-2018, 01:20 AM - 1 Like   #135
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gerax Quote
Hi all,

didn't go through the whole thread but what I see is people are focusing ( ) on the image transfer feature that, though useful, is the least useful of the possible functions this app could offer.
As I understand, Xiaoming is working on the remote control features which are IMO the coolest and most useful features for such an app.
It would be incredibly cool to have the possibility to frame the shot on a large screen tablet and control focus, mode and all of the other parameters from a tablet...on top of transferring files.
That of course depends on what parameters the camera actually exposes in the control protocol, but having some is better than nothing...and better than the Image Sync app...

To Xiaoming: I'm a product manager at a music software company and my job is iOS app development (and Android to some extent), GUI design, features implementation, testing and all the related stuff, so if you need feedback or collaboration for the development of the app just reach out and we'll talk.

L.
Hi gerax,
I'm sorry that the remote control feature is not the first priority job when I decided to develop the app because I'm really shocked when I started using the Image Sync app.
I have a Pentax K1 and a Ricoh GRII, the remote control feature is only available on K1 and at least it works compared to the transfer feature .
Now the transfer feature is stable and I'm focusing on the remote control feature, and I'm also considering to migrate the app to the Windows/Mac platform depends on the need.
Open source(under GPL?) is another option because as a part time job it really need more time to work on it.
The UI design is another problem and I'm not good at it.
At least the coding work for Remote Control feature is nearly finished but it still has some bugs. I hope I can release it before China Spring Festival.
Closed Thread