Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
01-10-2018, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #136

QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaoming Quote
Hi gerax,
I'm sorry that the remote control feature is not the first priority job when I decided to develop the app because I'm really shocked when I started using the Image Sync app.
I have a Pentax K1 and a Ricoh GRII, the remote control feature is only available on K1 and at least it works compared to the transfer feature .
Now the transfer feature is stable and I'm focusing on the remote control feature, and I'm also considering to migrate the app to the Windows/Mac platform depends on the need.
Open source(under GPL?) is another option because as a part time job it really need more time to work on it.
The UI design is another problem and I'm not good at it.
At least the coding work for Remote Control feature is nearly finished but it still has some bugs. I hope I can release it before China Spring Festival.
Hi Xiaoming,
not an issue, great news you are working on it and it's almost done. IMO that would be a super handy feature that will eliminate the need to use wired or wireless remote controls and just use smartphone or tablet which will also unlock may other possibilities.
I would't consider migrating to Mac/PC a priority as that would be a very specialized, studio only application, whereas in the field is where you really need that control capability.
Again, if you need help or consulting just drop me a line. More than glad to help.
Best
L.

01-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gerax Quote
It would be incredibly cool to have the possibility to frame the shot on a large screen tablet and control focus, mode and all of the other parameters from a tablet...on top of transferring files.
Yes, I'd love a good live view as well and it would be great to be able to quality control a shot. In other words, it would be great to be able to take a shot and then examine the outcome as soon as possible, ideally with the option to zoom in at 100%. It wouldn't be necessary to store the the quality control image permanently; its job would be done as soon as one has looked at it.

I don't see image transfer as a very important function but having an App that supports shooting (by allowing planning and quality control) would be awesome.
01-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Xiaoming, I've spread the news about your app In a (Pentax) Facebook group, and there's demand for it, also people are giving feedback which can be good for you. I would gladly invite you to this group if you have a Facebook account. I did the same in a Ricoh group as well. We have to be friends on Facebook for the invitation. If you consider the above, reply here or send me a private message.
02-03-2018, 01:08 AM - 6 Likes   #139
Forum Member

Original Poster
The final test of the remote control feature

After several months development, the remote control feature is nearly finished and will be released in next few days

Attached Images

02-03-2018, 06:45 AM   #140
Pentaxian

After several months development, the remote control feature is nearly finished and will be released in next few days
Cool! Thanks for the news! Can't wait to try it
02-05-2018, 05:29 PM - 3 Likes   #141
Forum Member

Original Poster
Now the android user can enjoy the remote control feature with version 3.0.1.
The iOS version is still waiting for the Apple review.
02-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Xiaoming. I purchased your app for both my android devices: a Samsung Galaxy 5 smartphone and a Samsung Tab 4 tablet. Everything works fine except for setting shutter speed. In manual mode, setting 1 second on your app leads to a 1/6 setting on my K-1. Setting 1/125 second on the app results in a setting of 1/8000 on the camera.

02-06-2018, 02:47 AM   #143
Pentaxian

Any chance to make it work (the remote control) with the GR II ?
02-06-2018, 03:40 AM   #144
Pentaxian

Not available in Canada? Android user?
02-06-2018, 03:57 AM   #145
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Not available in Canada? Android user?
Android version also not available in Holland.

Download done!!

Last edited by Nuij; 02-06-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: New status
02-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #146
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just find a bug and fixed it just a few minutes ago, then republished to the Google play.

---------- Post added 02-06-18 at 07:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
Any chance to make it work (the remote control) with the GR II ?
No chance, GRII do not support remote control via Wi-Fi as well as the Ricoh image sync app.

---------- Post added 02-06-18 at 07:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Hi, Xiaoming. I purchased your app for both my android devices: a Samsung Galaxy 5 smartphone and a Samsung Tab 4 tablet. Everything works fine except for setting shutter speed. In manual mode, setting 1 second on your app leads to a 1/6 setting on my K-1. Setting 1/125 second on the app results in a setting of 1/8000 on the camera.
Thank you, I'll check it again.
02-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Strange. I downloaded the app from Google Play store on my Android last night and I am in Canada. Search for Pentax Sync and it should pop up.
02-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi, Xiaoming. Just upgraded to Pentax PhotoSync v3.0.2. No change in previously reported shuter speed setting problem.
With PhotoSync in Remote mode and my K-1 in M mode, shutter speed selected on device does not correspond to shutter speed set on camera. With one exception - selecting 30 seconds in the app results in the proper 30 seconds being set on the camera. Checked on both smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v5.0.1) and tablet (Samsung Tab 4, Android v5.1.1). Does not matter what lens is attached to camera.

- Jack
02-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #149
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Hi, Xiaoming. Just upgraded to Pentax PhotoSync v3.0.2. No change in previously reported shuter speed setting problem.
With PhotoSync in Remote mode and my K-1 in M mode, shutter speed selected on device does not correspond to shutter speed set on camera. With one exception - selecting 30 seconds in the app results in the proper 30 seconds being set on the camera. Checked on both smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v5.0.1) and tablet (Samsung Tab 4, Android v5.1.1). Does not matter what lens is attached to camera.

- Jack
The version 3.0.2 do not address the problem.
I reproduced this problem, the problem is caused by the manually changing of the camera shot mode and the app do not sync with the camera. Whenever you change the shot mode, you need to press the refresh icon in the app in the remote page so that it can recognize the mode change and reload the parameters. If you connect to the app when you are using the M mode, you do not have this problem.
02-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This does not work for me. I start by turning on wi-fi on the camera. Then I connect PentaxSync with the camera which is already in M mode. Then I enable Remote mode in the app. When I try to select a certain shutter speed with the app, a different shutter speed is set on the camera. The bad shutter speed does not change when I hit the reset icon.
Closed Thread