Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,363
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'm curious to know if anyone knows any way (besides super glue) to get the Special Edition hotshoe cap to stay on securely? It's slipped off a couple times already, and I thought it was gone for good yesterday. Luckily I found it in a different bag.
i always take my hot shoe covers off when I get a new camera and stick them in the box for safe keeping. I don't think they serve any purpose that I know of.

10-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #17
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2017
Photos: Albums
Posts: 38
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'm curious to know if anyone knows any way (besides super glue) to get the Special Edition hotshoe cap to stay on securely? It's slipped off a couple times already, and I thought it was gone for good yesterday. Luckily I found it in a different bag.
Answer is simple: Using standard one.
I think this is a reason to why K-1 Silver bundle contains standard hotshoe cap and "Special" one

P.S.
I don't remember when I covered hotshoe with cap last time on my cameras, because I use external flash pretty often.
10-05-2017, 07:58 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 237
He has finally arrived! Here he is with his older sister:



After a quick test drive of this beast and I'm already in love with it. Sporting the 31mm, it was amazing to see the difference in AF and just overall beauty. This has been the best day of my life right behind the birth of my kids...And only just.
10-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
tax
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2017
Photos: Albums
Posts: 113
QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
He has finally arrived! Here he is with his older sister:



After a quick test drive of this beast and I'm already in love with it. Sporting the 31mm, it was amazing to see the difference in AF and just overall beauty. This has been the best day of my life right behind the birth of my kids...And only just.
Could you tell please whether this silver colored prism cover made of plastic or metal.

10-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #20
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 237
QuoteOriginally posted by tax Quote
Could you tell please whether this silver colored prism cover made of plastic or metal.
I'm fairly confident it isn't metal. Is the black version metal?
10-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #21
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,241
I think the prism case needs to be plastic to allow the GPS to work properly.
10-31-2017, 12:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 10,116
It would look ridiculous if they had to put SMA anntennae on the prism housing just to get the GPS to work.
10-31-2017, 08:20 PM   #23
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2017
Photos: Albums
Posts: 38
QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
I'm fairly confident it isn't metal. Is the black version metal?
All body cover made from plastic Nothing changed in comparing with "Black" version except plastic color for most parts of body.
Ah... yes... there is addition hot shoe cap which has aluminium cover and "Pentax K-1 Silver Edition" logo.



Last edited by tregubovav; 10-31-2017 at 08:29 PM.
10-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #24
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 237
QuoteOriginally posted by tregubovav Quote
All body cover made from plastic Nothing changed in comparing with "Black" version except plastic color for most parts of body.
Ah... yes... there is addition hot shoe cap which has aluminium cover and "Pentax K-1 Silver Edition" logo.
I'm going to be honest, I haven't fully opened the box to check all the other contents...I literally took the camera and battery out only and have left the other stuff in tact. I should look for that limited hot shoe cover. It looks nice.
11-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,163
QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
I'm going to be honest, I haven't fully opened the box to check all the other contents...I literally took the camera and battery out only and have left the other stuff in tact. I should look for that limited hot shoe cover. It looks nice.
Keep it off the hotshoe as it is loose and will drop off.
11-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #26
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 132
It certainly has a "classic" or "retro" look to it. Very nice.
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #27
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 237
QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Keep it off the hotshoe as it is loose and will drop off.
Yeah, I don't see how having that on when you're out and about would be a good idea...It's gonna attract magpies.

Last edited by Munki; 11-01-2017 at 03:47 PM.
11-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #28
New Member
Gahspidy's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 14
Got my K1 Silver Edition. Looks great, just a right balance of black and silver. Its not overdone with silver.
My hot shoe cap seems to be on snug.
11-12-2017, 05:39 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,163
QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
Yeah, I don't see how having that on when you're out and about would be a good idea...It's gonna attract magpies.

Yes, the human kind kekeke
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, edition, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, pentax k-1, silver, silver k-1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silver limited/special edition version of the K-1 coming in 2017? Mistral75 Pentax News and Rumors 31 05-13-2017 03:42 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax MZ-3 Special Edition and Normal Silver Edition w/ Accessories frank Sold Items 2 11-22-2012 10:06 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K-5 Silver Special Edition, Silver DA 40mm xs, Silver FA 28-200mm shaolen Sold Items 1 10-24-2012 03:38 PM
K-5 Silver Special Edition w. Silver 40mm XS Lens ogunturkay Pentax News and Rumors 90 04-21-2012 12:41 AM
Pentax K-5 silver special edition an exclusive limited-edition camera package Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 26 03-12-2012 08:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top