Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by gerax Quote
I'm OK with the sarcasm, I'm OK with the the style (which I find boring after a while), but I'm definitely not OK with biased, non objective reviews...I guess if he took a K1 for a spin in his own hands he would certainly change his mind and shut the @#§* up, but we certainly would never know as these people just are too full of themselves to admit mistakes...

Besides...almost everybody with a YT channel is able to make good, technically well made videos...it's what you say that matters IMHO.

L.
I don't think he was demeaning the K-1. It seemed to me like he was mocking DxO for putting a camera in their top-10 based on something other than popularity. I've watched several of his shows and he doesn't seem to have an anti-Pentax bias.

But why should he try the K-1? He's got lots of Nikon and Canon glass, and he's happy with their cameras. Just because I prefer the ergonomics and lens line-up of Pentax doesn't mean everyone does. Not everyone wants to shoot with a compact bag of Limited primes.

10-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fredralphfred Quote
I don't think he was demeaning the K-1. It seemed to me like he was mocking DxO for putting a camera in their top-10 based on something other than popularity. I've watched several of his shows and he doesn't seem to have an anti-Pentax bias.

But why should he try the K-1? He's got lots of Nikon and Canon glass, and he's happy with their cameras. Just because I prefer the ergonomics and lens line-up of Pentax doesn't mean everyone does. Not everyone wants to shoot with a compact bag of Limited primes.
He doesn't need to buy one but I call him out because he stated publicly, when the K-1 was released, that he wouldn't mind giving it a try. I have pointed out to him when Lensrental.com had them in stock and on the B&H question area of the forum, was told all Jared needed to do was call his contact at B&H and they would hook him up.

Yeah, he will not change over from being a Nikon shooter but he needs to give the K-1 a chance as he has done with Sony.
10-13-2017, 12:22 AM   #18
Banned

Is he still sniffing the cameras or switched to something more serious?