Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Yeah sr in video mode! Even though I don't do video Also a 4:3 crop mode (even though I won't use it)
What I would really like is a way to activate the back lcd status screen with a single button press or the function dial. It really is a pain to have to select it every time coming from screen off mode.
Both suggestions are awesome, I'd love the 4:3 crop too, and I would love to be able to set one of the fn buttons to shut the lcd screen off. No real reason why we can't have more customization, I was a little disappointed with the amount of options for fn buttons in k-1, maybe I was just spoiled with my previous Oly em1)

11-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Who knows if they added a squirrel catch in focus via the exposure sensor.
actually, it's a new squirrel face recognition technology!
11-10-2017, 06:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
What was the issue? Curious, I'm mostly shooting LV on tripod with ES enabled, so theoretically this might affect me
I shoot landscapes with the same settings. Occasionally I have experienced an oscillation of the image on the lcd. I don't know what sort of instability Ricoh is trying to fix with this update but perhaps that's what I've experienced? Seems like it would qualify as an instability.
11-10-2017, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Not only that. It displays the squirrel's name too. Comes in handy when you post squirrel pictures on Facebook.

11-10-2017, 12:47 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Or; it could be that Ricoh added a landscape tracking feature.
11-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #21

Thanks for the news of the new update to 1.43. Just done the update now.
11-24-2017, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Or; it could be that Ricoh added a landscape tracking feature.
For when you are shooting during earthquakes?

NaCl(giving new meaning to the term "shake reduction" )H2O

11-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
For when you are shooting during earthquakes?

NaCl(giving new meaning to the term "shake reduction" )H2O
Don't they have a fair number of earthquakes there? (Japan)
04-01-2018, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #24
Forum Member

They already did it!

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Yeah sr in video mode! Even though I don't do video Also a 4:3 crop mode (even though I won't use it)
What I would really like is a way to activate the back lcd status screen with a single button press or the function dial. It really is a pain to have to select it every time coming from screen off mode.
Press either the TopLCD illumination button or the blue Playback button and it wakes the K1 up from sleep mode and displays the rear LCD Status Screen. JUST ONE PRESS 4:3 would be great too!
04-02-2018, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
I shoot landscapes with the same settings. Occasionally I have experienced an oscillation of the image on the lcd. I don't know what sort of instability Ricoh is trying to fix with this update but perhaps that's what I've experienced? Seems like it would qualify as an instability.
Since this thread has reappeared I'll give an update on my post from last November. Since doing the update the oscillation of the image on the lcd I described has never recurred, not even once. So that appears to have been the instability that Ricoh was describing.
01-03-2021, 07:30 AM   #26

Where can I download this 1.43
Upd ? On official site there are now only 1.5 xxx firmwares ...
Can someone help me ?

Best regards,
Ben

Last edited by Ben-G; 01-03-2021 at 07:39 AM.
01-03-2021, 07:39 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben-G Quote
Where can I download this 1.43
Upd ? On official ste there are now only 1.5 xxx firmwares ...
Can someone help me ?

Best regards,
Ben
The most recent update will include all the prior fixes too including those in 1.43. The latest firmware is what you should use.
01-03-2021, 09:28 AM   #28

---------- Post added 01-03-21 at 09:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The most recent update will include all the prior fixes too including those in 1.43. The latest firmware is what you should use.
Obviously ! Who don't know that "The most recent update will include all the prior fixes..."
I know it (!), but i'm not interested in other updates than 1.43 because i use my K1 only for my SMC Fa Limiteds ...

Other upgrades essentialy were done, such as described by RICOH, for new Hd fa star 50mm & 85, I don't want instructions on camera for lenses that I don't use ...

@gatorgui : is my request of this old update file firmware to other
Users in this forum a legit request ?
Or, if you prefer, an illogic / absurde request ?

"SHOULD YOU USE..." or simply "i could use..."? Or "why don't you prefer to use ... ?"

noblesse oblige,

Ben-G

Ps. : Yes, i SHOULD follow the Stephen Obermeier way ...

Last edited by Ben-G; 01-03-2021 at 10:18 AM.
01-03-2021, 10:18 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben-G Quote

---------- Post added 01-03-21 at 09:52 AM ----------

Obviously ! Who don't know that "The most recent update will include all the prior fixes..."
I know it (!), but i'm not interested in other updates than 1.43 because i use my K1 only for my SMC Fa Limiteds ...

Other upgrades essentialy were done, such as described by RICOH, for new Hd fa star 50mm & 85, I don't want instructions on camera for lenses that I don't use ...

@gatorgui : is my request of this old update file firmware to other
Users in this forum a legit request ?
Or, if you prefer, an illogic / absurde request ?

noblesse oblige,

Ben-G
There is no harm in getting the further fixes and lens compatibilities. They won't be taking up valuable storage space that could be used for something else on your K1 so yes avoiding the latest update in order to avoid every improvement and function release since 1.43 since is silly, as you prefer saying "an illogic / absurde request", particularly since there's more offered in each release than a single lens compatibility and none of which causes any harm to your camera.

Last edited by gatorguy; 01-03-2021 at 10:24 AM.
01-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #30

---------- Post added 01-03-21 at 10:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
There is no harm in getting the further fixes and lens compatibilities. They won't be taking up valuable storage space that could be used for something else on your K1 so yes avoiding the latest update in order to avoid every improvement and function release since 1.43 since is silly, as you prefer saying "an illogic / absurde request", particularly since there's more offered in each release than a single lens compatibility and none of which causes any harm to your camera.
@gatorguy ... again ?! ...
"Any harm to my camera..."?
... sincerely this is not my case ...

"my K-1" is not mine, "my K-1" is your camera, is the camera of all of US that love PENTAX ...

@gatorgui, the word "SILLY" is offensive ...

Please, sincerely, ... STOP ! ....

best regards,

Ben-G

Last edited by Ben-G; 01-17-2021 at 10:13 AM.