Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You mention the Pentax DA converter but an alternative you might look into is the Kenko 1.5X Teleplus MC converter. I don't think these are in production anymore, but you could probably land one on ebay. I have one I use occasionally, and it works quite well. I believe it was designed as a FF converter and I haven't noticed any vignetting with my K-1, but this will depend on the lens it's used with. Mine shows a bit of CA but is pretty sharp if the lens it's used with is stopped down a bit. It AF couples with existing Pentax lenses on the K-1.

12-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never used a Teleconverter so have no idea but I see you mention Pentax, Kenko, Tamron - what about Sigma?
Is it possible to use Sigma AF Tele Converter X1.4 on a K1 with Pentax D FA 150 - 450 zoom or is it different in only being compatible with set Sigma lenses. I know I could not use my Sigma 70 - 300 DG APO with it as the glass would hit when focusing.

Thanks in advance
Tony
08-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #18

Purchase 1.4x teleconverter in Australia

Hello Billk and tduell,

Fellow Victorian here. I am interested in purchasing the Pentax 1.4x TC.

I wish to use it primarily with K1 and 150-450 for wildlife, being aware of the vignetting problem.

But cannot find a source in Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks Neil.
08-06-2018, 03:56 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NeilS Quote
Hello Billk and tduell,

Fellow Victorian here. I am interested in purchasing the Pentax 1.4x TC.

I wish to use it primarily with K1 and 150-450 for wildlife, being aware of the vignetting problem.

But cannot find a source in Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks Neil.
Neil

I had a look on the CR Kennedy website (they are the Pentax distributor for Australia) and it had "none in stock."

You might need to place an order and wait for the next shipment from Japan. Your favourite camera store could do that for you, if you have one. You can also order directly from CR Kennedy.