Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #1

D-BG6 battery grip not fire shutter on Pentax K-1

Dear Forum, just got a Pentax K-1 silver edition with grip which I am truly delighted with. Not sure what I am doing wrong but shutter will not fire when using the grip. All the other buttons and dials appear to work. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? best wishes Mike

12-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by summiteverest Quote
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
What you are doing wrong is to assume that this is a user error while it is something to deal with the after sale service of who sold you the equipment.
12-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
What you are doing wrong is to assume that this is a user error while it is something to deal with the after sale service of who sold you the equipment.
Worried I have made a truly obvious mistake and not set something. Just wanted to ask forum before I contact camera shop. Any ideas and help much appreciated. best wishes Mike
12-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any ideas and help much appreciated.
Problems with battery grips are typically related to bad contact between the grip and camera connection. Cleaning could help. Other than that, I'd have the grip checked with another camera, to confirm if the problem is on the grip or on the camera, camera shop could do the check if they have a K1 in spare.

12-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Dear Forum, just got a Pentax K-1 silver edition with grip which I am truly delighted with. Not sure what I am doing wrong but shutter will not fire when using the grip. All the other buttons and dials appear to work. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? best wishes Mike
Is the power switch on the grip set to "on"?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the other buttons and dials appear to work
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If the power switch was Off, other buttons of the grip wouldn't work (tested on my own K1+grip).
12-09-2017, 04:37 AM   #7

Original Poster
Problems with battery grips are typically related to bad contact between the grip and camera connection. Cleaning could help. Other than that, I'd have the grip checked with another camera, to confirm if the problem is on the grip or on the camera, camera shop could do the check if they have a K1 in spare.
Thanks you are quite right. I tightened it a bit more and it worked. Have spotted a very slight gap between the grip and camera base plate where I can see all the way through. Is this usual? best wishes Mike
12-09-2017, 04:38 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks had set both to on. Suspect it was just not tight enough.

12-09-2017, 04:39 AM   #9

Original Poster
If the power switch was Off, other buttons of the grip wouldn't work (tested on my own K1+grip).
Yes totally right. Do you have any gap between your grip and the K-1 body? I can see a slight gap and can see all the way through.
12-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have spotted a very slight gap between the grip and camera base plate where I can see all the way through. Is this usual?
Yes it is.