01-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

01-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have had days when my hand holding skill level made me wonder whether I should take up golf, since golf would clearly be more relaxing than photography. But different clubs wouldn’t change anything either.
01-03-2018, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OP hasn't returned to comment on the several posts .... conclusion: trolling.
01-03-2018, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
The OP hasn't returned to comment on the several posts .... conclusion: trolling.
I think that it is possible that he doesn't spend a lot of time online here at PF. This is not that old of a post. Give it a day or more before convicting someone of trolling. Just because I have time to spend here, does not mean everyone else does.
JMO and I really dislike trolls a great deal.

01-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #35

But it's true. The K-1 is not sharp.

No, it even has some rubber applied to it's case. No sharp edges anywhere.

You can safely handle it without the need for protective gloves.

What a severe design failure!
01-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
The guy said a few articles, and that was what he saw yesterday alone . At that rate there must be thousands of such articles popping up everywhere around the web. Funny I have never seen any, but perhaps he saw them on a Canon or Nikon forum

I think the guy is a troll. He has only just joined and seems to have made nine posts all at about 9 hours ago (as I post this). It otherwise strange to introduce yourself on an enthusiast forum with such flamebait.
I wondered the same thing considering the new account. His other posts suggest it's not just a troll account.

---------- Post added 01-03-18 at 03:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
An example of one of Ernesto's "not sharp" photos.
That wasn't taken with a K-1, if I correctly understood what he's said in other posts.
01-03-2018, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I cut myself on one of my images last week...

01-03-2018, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I think that it is possible that he doesn't spend a lot of time online here at PF. This is not that old of a post. Give it a day or more before convicting someone of trolling. Just because I have time to spend here, does not mean everyone else does.
JMO and I really dislike trolls a great deal.
It's like a feeding frenzy at the shark cage in here. Come on folks - we are known for being kind to new posters and known for taking people seriously. If the guy is a troll - it will come out - but there is no indication yet that this is the case. People need to be able to be critical and ask questions - and defend their positions without fearing ridicule and attack. It is important that we find and understand the source of this opinion and determine how much merit it has or where the confusion lies. As others have suggested the shutter shock issue which sometimes gives people difficulty with the K-1 may be the source or there may be some really weird articles out there we don't know about that need to be examined. A bad copy of a camera without proper follow up can spoil a reputation easily.

Let's all just take a breath and stop feeling like our baby was just called ugly. (Easy for me to say as I'm only an Uncle owning a K-3 not a K-1...)
01-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I once held a K-1 and it felt very huggable to me, maybe like a security blanket.I wish I could afford to have that feeling every day!
Not physically sharp but the images here say sharp to me.
01-03-2018, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Come on folks - we are known for being kind to new posters and known for taking people seriously. ... People need to be able to be critical and ask questions - and defend their positions without fearing ridicule and attack.
Fair enough; the guy might just be new to forum etiquette. I am keeping an open mind and would be interested to know what articles he is referring to. It has not been 24 hours yet and many people only log in once per day or less.
01-03-2018, 06:23 PM - 2 Likes   #41

If the articles are in another language then perhaps there could be a translation error.
02-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
Pentaxian

ROFLOL.....and we all know that a troll from Nikon isn't too sharp either !

---------- Post added 02-10-18 at 10:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stens Quote
I cut myself on one of my images last week...
I cut my Steak last night with one ! We Forgive You Ernesto !

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 02-10-2018 at 09:41 AM.
02-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Fair enough; the guy might just be new to forum etiquette. I am keeping an open mind and would be interested to know what articles he is referring to. It has not been 24 hours yet and many people only log in once per day or less.
Well. Nary a word since the initial blast. I guess I was wrong. Troll after all.
02-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
They must have used the K-1 as a shaver with poor results
I have yet to come across a camera that doubles as a good razor.
02-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
here is 3 Mpix croped from 36 Mpix image, downsized to 1500x1000 pix. It was shot handheld with portrait lens (FA* 85 f1,4) at f4 (even at not it's best resolution).
Yes, shutter speed was 1/800th, out of the shutter shock region.