Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 12:04 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pre-Order a Pentax K-1 II: Free Battery Grip + 1-year Forum Account Upgrade

The Pentax K-1 II, featuring improved image quality and hand-held pixel shift support, is now official!

Pre-order yours and get a free D-BG6 Battery grip plus a 1-year forum account upgrade.Name:  K-1_ii.jpg
Views: 3716
Size:  27.4 KB

Press release:
Pentax K-1 II Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Once the camera starts shipping in April, shoot me a PM for your account upgrade.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #2

I pre-ordered mine at Adorama last night and received a follow up email stating that the anticipated shipping date would be 4/11/2018.
02-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
They seem to be doing this deal on many Pentax bodies on a semi regular basis. I get the impression most people don’t buy them otherwise.
Now if either b&h or Adorama wanted to get ahead of the other they should offer the 3 year extended warranty free as an option instead of the grip.

I actually will have to wait until the last minute to order mine because I want the extended warranty on such an expensive camera and it starts from date of purchase, not date of delivery in several months. I think the regular warranty works the same so everyone will be getting a 10 month warranty instead when they preorder
Unless maybe they don’t bill it until it ships. Something worth checking on.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 02-22-2018 at 10:51 AM.
02-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can check with Square Trade but in the past they would adjust the start date to the date it ships if you ask them to.

02-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Too bad I wouldn't get a free grip if I send mine in for the upgrade. I am tempted to do it anyway in case it really gives better images for astrophotography and if video will really have a big difference, again for astrophotography (this time for planetary/lunar).
02-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up Adam. Will be looking into it.
02-22-2018, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blake Talon Quote
I pre-ordered mine at Adorama last night and received a follow up email stating that the anticipated shipping date would be 4/11/2018.
Not 4/1? Thank goodness..

02-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-1 News

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The Pentax K-1 II, featuring improved image quality and hand-held pixel shift support, is now official!

Pre-order yours and get a free D-BG6 Battery grip plus a 1-year forum account upgrade.Attachment 387969

Press release:
Pentax K-1 II Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Once the camera starts shipping in April, shoot me a PM for your account upgrade.
Thought you might find this interesting and like to pass it on to other K-1 Owners.
Ricoh will let Pentax K-1 owners update their cameras to a Mark II for $550/£450/?500: Digital Photography Review
02-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like B&H is currently offering a battery as well with this deal. Pentax D-LI90(E).
02-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PKMike Quote
Looks like B&H is currently offering a battery as well with this deal. Pentax D-LI90(E).
Interesting. I needed a new battery anyway. SWMBO said go for it.

Ordered. Now the wait. Hopefully CC not billed until shipped. I did order it by clicking the link here.

Last edited by gaweidert; 03-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.
02-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I pre-ordered but without clicking the link here I think (I loaded it into my wish list, then later added it I think). Does that help the forum at all? oops. I could probably cancel and start over.
03-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
I pre-ordered but without clicking the link here I think (I loaded it into my wish list, then later added it I think). Does that help the forum at all? oops. I could probably cancel and start over.
No, I don't think we'd get credit for that.

In any case, I won't be able to check until the order ships, so please PM me the order number at that time. Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Any option for us Canadian types?
03-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blake Talon Quote
4th November or 11th April?
03-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I also had pre-ordered from B&H with the grip before seeing that Pentax Forums could get credit. I will also need to need to send my order number to Adam when it ships.