Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 40 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2018, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by splash_fr Quote
The statistic at the bottom is interesting al well!

Pentax K2 Mark-II
I own it: 2
I want it: 126
I had it: 12

Yeah, right...
...you're not familiar with DPReview, are you?

03-18-2018, 06:03 PM - 3 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am one of the ones who clicked the I own it button. I've ordered it so in a way I do. It is also fun to mess with bogus polls like that!
03-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
From what I have read the LCD screen on the K-3 and the K-1 are the same size. 3.2" How do people find the LCD screen? It looks quite a bit smaller on the K-1 than the K-3.
The K-1 is taller than the K-3, so if you are looking at photos of the back, the screen might seem smaller.
03-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery
tbh I had a quick glance at the article. It seemed rather short, a few lines per pic, per page. Weird format if anything.

They didn't seem that negative to me. At all. They merely pointed out that yes, you can in fact handhold the pixelshift, which is excellent, but at the cost of locking the camera for 25 secs. That's hardly negative. Merely a fact, from what they experienced.

the poll at the bottom, well it seems generic to everything they do. So treat it as such.

03-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
tbh I had a quick glance at the article. It seemed rather short, a few lines per pic, per page. Weird format if anything.

They didn't seem that negative to me. At all. They merely pointed out that yes, you can in fact handhold the pixelshift, which is excellent, but at the cost of locking the camera for 25 secs. That's hardly negative. Merely a fact, from what they experienced.

the poll at the bottom, well it seems generic to everything they do. So treat it as such.
Yeah, look at the Sony A7iii hands on; same results in comments. Some fanboys just see these as the kickoff in a mine-is-bigger-than-yours locker room comparison. Or maybe it's the Russian bots trying to influence marketing...hmmm. BTW, nice camera that A7iii. Be a rather cool companion to a K-1ii if you needed video, maybe even over say a GH5.
03-20-2018, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Why did I even click on that link?

I just saw the poll where two DPR members claim to own the DFA*50, and three say they had it (and presumably sold it).
I noticed that too ! I couldn't get past the first page of the supposed review.....Gag !
4 people claimed to have had it now ? I wonder if they are liars , or just "Had it" with the review.....lol
We all simply need to get out and shoot more......lol

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 03-20-2018 at 09:43 AM.
03-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I noticed that too ! I couldn't get past the first page of the supposed review.....Gag !
4 people claimed to have had it now ? I wonder if they are liars , or just "Had it" with the review.....lol
We all simply need to get out and shoot more......lol
Obviously, a lot of those DPR members spend time in a forum without actually taking pictures themselves, and the same's true of a lot of reviewers ... they're company staffers facing article submission deadlines, not pro photographers. They make their money writing copy for advertisers, not taking pictures themselves.

There's a lot of crap industry journalism out there, no doubt.

03-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Obviously, a lot of those DPR members spend time in a forum without actually taking pictures themselves, and the same's true of a lot of reviewers ... they're company staffers facing article submission deadlines, not pro photographers. They make their money writing copy for advertisers, not taking pictures themselves.

There's a lot of crap industry journalism out there, no doubt.
Shall We call it what it really is ? FAKE NEWS !
03-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Shall We call it what it really is ? FAKE NEWS !
Lot of it about, mate, we get it here too, occasionally.