Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2018, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Durf Quote
You must also have a great mind too! LOL

that 85mm f/1.8is probably the best Takumar I have, it never fails me with amazing images!
I deleted my post because I thought it wasn’t relevant, but you have memorialized it. Never believing one is enough, I also have the Auto-Takumar 85/1.8 (different formula) and the SMC Pentax (K) 1:1.8 85mm (same formula). They’re all stellar lenses but I actually prefer the rendering of the Auto-Tak.

10-21-2018, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #47

SOOC smc PENTAX-M 1:3.5 135mm

10-23-2018, 05:46 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
I must say that I am beyond impressed with the K1. I've only had it for about a week now and I can say with confidence that it is easily blowing the socks off my other camera's....(and I don't even have a modern lens for it yet!)

This was shot using a 40yr old SMC Pentax 100mm Macro f/4 Lens....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-23-2018, 06:27 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Durf Quote
I must say that I am beyond impressed with the K1. I've only had it for about a week now and I can say with confidence that it is easily blowing the socks off my other camera's....(and I don't even have a modern lens for it yet!)

This was shot using a 40yr old SMC Pentax 100mm Macro f/4 Lens....
Bear in mind the K100/4 Macro is a very good lens. The K-1 is a fabulous camera but so many of the legacy lenses are so good on it that sometimes I think Pentax designed the camera for old lens collectors as much as for modern lens buyers.

10-23-2018, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #50
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Bear in mind the K100/4 Macro is a very good lens. The K-1 is a fabulous camera but so many of the legacy lenses are so good on it that sometimes I think Pentax designed the camera for old lens collectors as much as for modern lens buyers.
I actually bought it strictly for my Vintage Pentax/Takumar Lens collection. The sensor surely seems VERY capable for these old gems