Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2018, 04:27 AM   #1

Exposure value in viewfinder

Hello friends,
I have a question, in the Pentax K1 you can put the numerical value of the exposure in the viewfinder as it happens with the Pentax K5iis (and with other models)
I upload two photographs to make it clearer.

Attached Images

03-31-2018, 08:15 AM   #2

Original Poster
Any idea how to do it in K1?
Can you help me?
03-31-2018, 09:00 AM - 2 Likes   #3
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The K-1 does not display the EV compensation value or difference between the appropriate and current exposure value in the ISO field the way that the K-5 or K-5ii does, as shown in your first image. This is because, in the first image, for the K-5ii, the EV bar is actually being used to display the camera angle rather than the EV (notice that the "-" and "+" symbols are missing from the ends of the bar display). Therefore, as the manual describes, the ISO field is therefore used to display the current EV level.

As the K-1 has separate electronic level displays (horizontal and vertical) in the view window itself (rather than using any LED display), there is no need for the electronic level to take over the EV bar in the LED display. The EV bar displays only EV (difference between the appropriate and current exposure value), and the electronic level is always available in the view window. The ISO field of the LED display can show current ISO and a few other things, which can include the current EV compensation value difference from 0, if set with the EV button (but not the EV difference between the appropriate and current values, which is still shown in the EV bar).
03-31-2018, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Good question. If there is a way I too would like to replace the scale with (+/-)digits.

Edit: I take it back, scale helps when taking bracketed shots. With the help of blinking cursor, scale conveys the bracket value for the next shot. This is useful.

Last edited by pentaxfall; 03-31-2018 at 11:33 AM.
04-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
The K-1 does not display the EV compensation value or difference between the appropriate and current exposure value in the ISO field the way that the K-5 or K-5ii does, as shown in your first image. This is because, in the first image, for the K-5ii, the EV bar is actually being used to display the camera angle rather than the EV (notice that the "-" and "+" symbols are missing from the ends of the bar display). Therefore, as the manual describes, the ISO field is therefore used to display the current EV level.

As the K-1 has separate electronic level displays (horizontal and vertical) in the view window itself (rather than using any LED display), there is no need for the electronic level to take over the EV bar in the LED display. The EV bar displays only EV (difference between the appropriate and current exposure value), and the electronic level is always available in the view window. The ISO field of the LED display can show current ISO and a few other things, which can include the current EV compensation value difference from 0, if set with the EV button (but not the EV difference between the appropriate and current values, which is still shown in the EV bar).
Thank you mate.

I'll have to get used to using the bar instead of the numerical value
04-01-2018, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bikermon Quote
I have a question, in the Pentax K1 you can put the numerical value of the exposure in the viewfinder as it happens with the Pentax K5iis (and with other models)
Any idea how to do it in K1? Can you help me?
With K-5 it's still the same like with K-1: Just press the EV compensation button and the Exposure Value compensation will be displayed instead of the ISO.
04-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you very much, is another "solution"