Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1ii manual?

Is there a source for the K-1ii manual? I see the K-1 at Pentax, but not a mark II.

04-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It may not have been posted yet. But isn't it basically identical to the K-1 manual? The only difference is the addition of the hand-held PSR option in the PSR mode sub-menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It may not have been posted yet. But isn't it basically identical to the K-1 manual? The only difference is the addition of the hand-held PSR option in the PSR mode sub-menu.
That's what I assume. I figured maybe an addendum, but nope. There would be additions for like what modes handheld worked with, flash settings for it, etc. Some of the niggling little details that can be hard to find.
04-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

K1 and K1II manuals are different. On the K1 manual cover page is written Pentax K1, and on the K1 II manual cover is written K1 II. [ I hope I don't get banned by moderator for bad jokes not being allowed by forum rules]

04-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
There would be additions for like what modes handheld worked with, flash settings for it, etc.
Flash settings? I have not been following the dynamic PS news closely, but I would be surprised if any flash support were available. However, since dPS is basically a variation on established "super resolution" methods and uses the mechanical shutter, a flash with suitably low recharge time might be made to work if sync were enabled. After all, what the camera is doing is essentially just a four frame burst.

Steve
04-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
Is there a source for the K-1ii manual? I see the K-1 at Pentax, but not a mark II.
there's a very good ebook on sale here that covers everything. I read it all and My camera isn't even here yet. Fed ex says by 4 tomorrow.
04-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I got the ebook as well; I had the K-3ii one and liked it. Especially good for the obscure settings you forget about, and stuff like how the various changes interact.

The K-1ii manual does have some differences, now that I have it in hand. There are some additions in regard to LV shutter in the options for example.
04-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K-1 Mark II eBook is now available on the Pentax Forum.

---------- Post added 04-16-18 at 01:03 PM ----------

Instantly download your Pentax eBook! (K-1, K-70,K-3, K-5, K-50, K-S2 and more DSLRs) - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images