Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yes, you'd have to make sure that the light coming from the flashes is essentially indistinguishable from another.
I am trying to remember the desired use case for previous need of flash with PS. If memory serves me correctly, one case had to do with reproduction of framed art and another being studio product photography. The necessary use of dPS off-tripod may be a disappointment to some of those hopeful users.

Addendum: Another case I remember was for slide/negative digitization with a dSLR.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.
04-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
flash was in manual mode. x sync does NOT allow for pixelshift of any kind. it's greyed out. camera was also in manual mode
Thanks for testing this out!

A few questions/comments
  • Flash model would be very helpful, even if a speedlight.
  • Full flash intensity?
  • By x-sync, is it safe to assume that X-mode is meant? (All sync on Pentax dSLRs is x-sync.)
  • Was sync not provided in other than M-mode?
Just being a little picky in an attempt to ward off a flurry of "I can't get flash to work with my K-1II" problem threads.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-15-2018 at 12:49 PM.
04-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks for testing this out!

A few questions/comments
  • Flash model would be very helpful, even if a speedlight.
  • Full flash intensity?
  • By x-sync, is it safe to assume that X-mode is meant? (All sync on Pentax dSLRs is x-sync.)
  • Was sync not provided in other than M-mode?
Just being a little picky in an attempt to ward off a flurry of "I can't get flash to work with my K-1II" problem threads.

Steve
haha my terminology is flawed.

I shot with a manual Yungnou (canon version). It was at either 1/32 +0.7 ish and 1/16 I believe. I shot with ISO 100 and F2.8 so I was only concerned about properly exposing the image, so I could check out for any gain in detail etc.

X mode on the camera didn't allow for pixelshift to be chosen. I had to keep the camera in Manual, which is my preferred mode of shooting anyway. I would assume that it's only x mode that has blocked the features given how Av etc are just semi manual modes anyway. They shouldn't affect the nature of the camera like x mode does.
04-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
haha my terminology is flawed.

I shot with a manual Yungnou (canon version). It was at either 1/32 +0.7 ish and 1/16 I believe. I shot with ISO 100 and F2.8 so I was only concerned about properly exposing the image, so I could check out for any gain in detail etc.

X mode on the camera didn't allow for pixelshift to be chosen. I had to keep the camera in Manual, which is my preferred mode of shooting anyway. I would assume that it's only x mode that has blocked the features given how Av etc are just semi manual modes anyway. They shouldn't affect the nature of the camera like x mode does.
Thank you! This all helps. At those intensities the flash duration with a manual speedlite would be quite short with very short recharge times. I would expect that at full strength there might only be two flashes per dPS burst rather than the expected four.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-15-2018 at 02:58 PM.