Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2018, 08:07 PM - 4 Likes   #1

I'm impressed so far.

I've had my K1 ii for one week now and haven't had much time to get out due to work. Last night I was able to get out and try some test shots for about an hour. I only shot with the 28-105 lens so I could see how it does. And I like how the camera handles; however, I have some nikon habits to break my self of (I kept trying to adjust my iso with a button and knob that weren't set for that function)

I Tried the hand held pixel shift (photo below and a close cropof the same) and I'm pleased. The in body shake reduction worked well for me. And when I used a tripod with out shake reduction there was no evidence of camera shake from the mirror etc.

I like what I've read in the E-book I purchased here about night shooting with the K1 and am looking forward to an outing soon to try a side by side against my nikon gear. I'm confident the pentax will do much better.

I still need to get out and get more familiar with this awsome machine.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
04-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations - and thanks for sharing!

I'm still loving my K-1 after nearly a couple of years.
04-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the post. Your comments echo my own first week with the Mk ii. I have used the original K-1 since it’s introduction and the Mk ii is certainly snappier, particularly on AF. My results with the new “pixel shift” mode are mixed. Probably will be a learning curve for that feature and I usually don’t evaluate such features until I am fully familiar with them. Congrats on the new tool!
04-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Posting so wide images on the forum makes them soft due to automatic downscaling. And this causes the first one to appear soft while it may not be. Wide side limit has been 1100px or some such number.

04-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Posting so wide images on the forum makes them soft due to automatic downscaling. And this causes the first one to appear soft while it may not be. Wide side limit has been 1100px or some such number.
In the past 10 some years or so, I have not found a one single image posted here to be of any help as far as evaluation of sharpness.
Your standards may differ...
04-21-2018, 05:39 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

I too am impressed with my K1Mark II. I had a successful shoot of the RCAF Snowbirds on Thursday. Camera handled the fast moving jets quite well. Focus was spot on. RCAF Snowbirds | Flickr
04-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I too am impressed with my K1Mark II. I had a successful shoot of the RCAF Snowbirds on Thursday. Camera handled the fast moving jets quite well. Focus was spot on. RCAF Snowbirds | Flickr
Nice gallery, They look to be ready to tour based on how tight their formations are in your images.
04-22-2018, 01:38 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Nice pictures! Do you know what happened to the clouds of the last picture of your gallery? They look somehow strange to me.

04-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
thanks for educating me
04-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by derkermit Quote
Nice pictures! Do you know what happened to the clouds of the last picture of your gallery? They look somehow strange to me.
Yes, the image was processed in Topaz Glow. Nothing is real in the image. Just thought i would try something different. Thanks for noticing.