Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If initial sales fall short due to the DPR review fall out, there may be more camera + grip or camera+28-105mm offers forthcoming from Pentax on the Mark II. Might be worth holding off a month or two, or watching the Market place for someone selling a Mark II with either of those options and then decided to keep their K-1 original instead.

05-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, if you'd like to save even more money, there are terrific deals out there on lightly used K1's. I've seen low mileage K1's sell for $1250 - $1350 lately.
05-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
If better dynamic range & less noise is your key reason for moving from the K-3 to the K-1, it's also the reason to move from the K-1 to the K-1ii.

The other rationale for paying the extra $300 is the better AF on the K-1ii than the K-1.
To be precise, better AF-C only. AF-S is the same based on review. Same huge AF confirmation area, multiple times the size of the AF indicator.
05-24-2018, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Also, if you'd like to save even more money, there are terrific deals out there on lightly used K1's. I've seen low mileage K1's sell for $1250 - $1350 lately.
I just flipped through your flickr page -- really really nice.

05-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
If initial sales fall short due to the DPR review fall out, there may be more camera + grip or camera+28-105mm offers forthcoming from Pentax on the Mark II. Might be worth holding off a month or two, or watching the Market place for someone selling a Mark II with either of those options and then decided to keep their K-1 original instead.
The last time I checked, the Mark ii was the best selling Pentax at B&H.... Pentax users who value sharpness of dead animals in the corner of an image may stick with the Mark i, but the majority don't seem to be put off by review tests that don't test what they do. There was much fuss about the K-3ii's lacking an Onboard Flash, but ultimately all that talk amounted to very little
06-01-2018, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My wife wants to get a new camera for weddings as a second camera to our current K-1. The K3 is just getting long in the tooth and she wants two full frames. I think I convinced her to go for the K-1 II, although don't expect me to be doing comparison iso 12K shots at night with them both. I know how that sort of thing goes and you end up being attacked by the wolves on both sides (you used the wrong technique, wrong lens, didn't have the right settings, or whatever). But clearly the DP Review has convinced me that the K-1 II is better..