Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2018, 04:08 AM   #421

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Nah, as badly engineered they are, R2 survived this and let me expose pictures:

While KP which I used this January in similar conditions failed to release the shutter in few hours time and I had to revert to battery grip shutter release. Pentax in all its WR glory has failed on me more than Sony K-1 had other problems like freezing articular screen and stuck IBIS (sensor shift).

Hello,

Let me be the first to tell you (ahead of the `true Pentaxians` ) :
1. Why do you post on a Pentax forum then? Go on Sony!
2. Why do you still the thread? It' s a MK ii thread!
3. Go with Sony! `We` ain' t stopping you! Good!
4. Did you get tha 1% Sensor image quality better- nes? Ungrateful, are you not?
5. You are the FIRST to tell us that a Pentax has failed in this conditions (probably cause you were one of the few who really went in conditions close or similar to what they are marketed to stand up to; not fair- cheeky) .

Have a lovely day!

05-20-2018, 04:16 AM - 5 Likes   #422
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nah, as badly engineered they are, R2 survived this and let me expose pictures:

While KP which I used this January in similar conditions failed to release the shutter in few hours time and I had to revert to battery grip shutter release. Pentax in all its WR glory has failed on me more than Sony K-1 had other problems like freezing articular screen and stuck IBIS (sensor shift).
You know full well that you're using those cameras well outside their advised temperature ranges. I feel you're trolling in this thread. Please stop.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 05-20-2018 at 04:27 AM.
05-20-2018, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #423
Veteran Member

If something is trolling it is marketing for features which no one backs up when the *peep* hits the fan. Screw temperature limits when the absolutely best light starts at -20C and colder conditions. -10C is only "warmup" phase.

Every device which fails there gets the hose no matter what brand. So far the first to fail has been the most active weather resistance PR firm.

Mind you, Samsung cellphone also works when wrapped up in an Otterbox.
05-20-2018, 06:11 AM - 4 Likes   #424
Pentaxian

If something is trolling it is marketing for features which no one backs up when the *peep* hits the fan. Screw temperature limits when the absolutely best light starts at -20C and colder conditions. -10C is only "warmup" phase.

Every device which fails there gets the hose no matter what brand. So far the first to fail has been the most active weather resistance PR firm.

You are having problems with nuances of English. This camera is Weather Resistant - not Weather Proof - it resists weather up to the specified point ... which you go beyond. Have fun in the Samsung Forum!

05-20-2018, 06:22 AM   #425
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So if a camera doesn't perform to your expectations when operating outside its stated parameters this is the fault of "marketing"? I wouldn't put any camera in a freezer for four hours and expect it to work (even though it might)
05-20-2018, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #426
Veteran Member

How can Pentax evolve for the better if no one really dares to say something? DPR does a review version 2 which still contains AF issues, no 4K video and ... drumroll..
Smeared RAW files. So they are then wrong again. Who is there to blame then? If not Rishi then who is it?

If Pentax listens to their most faithful userbase more than critical reviews, they will have Safox 13 and fullHD in 2028. They seem to be non-issues (and yet every week there is a whine thread about them).

Same stands for non-existent support for weather related issues. Whether it is wrong type of rain or -20C, everything works as*-designed and dumb user is always to blame. Just wait when your own dog bites you once...
05-20-2018, 08:55 AM - 3 Likes   #427
Pentaxian

You know, freedom of speech doesn't mean one could spill as much nonsense as he want with impunity.

If they'd made you a camera resistant to -20C, you'd whack it with a hammer then complain.
Your 'criticism' is bashing. Stop it.

And FTR it's us, their user base, who made them move forward. It's because of us that they made the K-1. The whiners have no contribution.

05-20-2018, 09:09 AM - 4 Likes   #428
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Looks like this discussion has run the course.

Time for everyone to go out and try and squeeze the most from their "inferior" Pentax gear.

05-21-2018, 02:49 AM - 3 Likes   #429
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The camera's stated operating limits are -10°C~40°C.
Closed Thread