Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #1

Sketchy Info from Ricoh on K1 Upgrade

My K1 is sitting in it's original box ready to go for the upgrade but the website says I will be contacted and have to sign a new terms agreement before the upgrade can take place. OK. The new terms are posted with the instructions for sending the camera on the repair station website. However there is no place to sign the form...or a time frame for being contacted by Ricoh? or will it be the repair station? In what form will we be contacted?

I am not shipping my K1 off without fully understanding the process.

If anyone else can share their experience it would be appreciated by those who are considering doing the upgrade.

Pentaxian

05-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What country are you in?
05-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There is a K-1 upgrade guide already posted by PentaxFourms to answer your questions.

It's pretty simple.
05-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
What country are you in?
Profile says US.

05-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're in luck because we just posted a guide with all the info and FAQs:

Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide - Product Updates | PentaxForums.com

You will need to fill out this repair form and then send your camera in to Precision:
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair

There is no paper form in the US AFAIK. Submitting the repair request means you acknowledge the terms and conditions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by MPDSr Quote
My K1 is sitting in it's original box ready to go for the upgrade but the website says I will be contacted and have to sign a new terms agreement before the upgrade can take place.
Where are you reading this? I don't see anything about being contacted by Ricoh or having to sign a form. Regions other than the US require a paper form. The US has a web form on Precision's site to fill out.

K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available

QuoteQuote:
PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service

To register for the Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service please read the information below and follow the link to the Ricoh Imaging Americas repair service home page

From the home page, please choose PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service from the Select Category drop down menu and then choose PENTAX K-1 Upgrade from the Select Model drop down menu. You'll then be directed to the shopping cart to complete the registration process.

You'll receive a Web Order confirmation via email and then our Customer Service team will follow up with you to provide the Terms and Conditions for the upgrade service. When we receive the signed terms and conditions and your original K-1 camera, we will perform the upgrade service.

The upgrade service shows their gratitude to PENTAX K-1 digital SLR camera users and allows them to receive the advanced functions of the new PENTAX K-1 Mark II in their current K-1 cameras.

Here is an overview of the upgrade service:
- The upgrade service will be done for a limited time from May 21, 2018 – September 30, 2018.
- Upgrade cost: $550USD
- Cameras will need to be shipped to Precision Camera (US)

What will be done to your camera?
The PENTAX K-1’s main circuit board will be replaced to add new functions featured in the new PENTAX K-1 MKII. Additionally the current SR logo on the PENTAX K-1 MKII will be replaced with the new PENTAX K-1 MKII logo.

PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service Terms and Conditions Notice

FAQ

Need some information? Browse the sections for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions

Read K-1 Upgrade Press Release – February 21, 2018
05-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Where are you reading this? I don't see anything about being contacted by Ricoh or having to sign a form. Regions other than the US require a paper form. The US has a web form on Precision's site to fill out.

K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available
Once you start the process first you get a PDF of the upgrade request and instructions in how to send in the body from Ricoh.Ricoh passes your upgrade request to Precision who will send a form to sign and date agreeing to the upgrade procedure. You can either email a copy of that form back to Precision or send it in with the camera. Precision also requested proof of purchase but it didn't seem entirely necessary. I did scan my K-1 box then emailed the image to Precision. They want the PDF order from Ricoh placed in the box around the body with a rubber band.

05-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Once you start the process first you get a PDF of the upgrade request and instructions in how to send in the body from Ricoh.Ricoh passes your upgrade request to Precision who will send a form to sign and date agreeing to the upgrade procedure.
If that's the case and the OP has not received the PDF from Ricoh the OP should check first his/her spam folder, then contact RIcoh. If Precision hasn't sent the form out again check spam folder, then contact Precision - call their toll free number during their business hours and press "1" to speak to the operator.
05-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If that's the case and the OP has not received the PDF from Ricoh the OP should check first his/her spam folder, then contact RIcoh. If Precision hasn't sent the form out again check spam folder, then contact Precision - call their toll free number during their business hours and press "1" to speak to the operator.
If the OP didn't start the actual process they will not receive the needed documents to send in with the camera. It was not clear whether the OP had actually committed to the upgrade at the Ricoh site or not.

The email actually comes from Precision with the needed documents.