Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 122 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2018, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #196

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think there will be one. The whole point of the K-1 II is the accelerator chip and Pentax isn't going to release a firmware to allow that processing to be turned off. By all accounts they are focused on further camera and lens development and don't see it as an issue.
If you look at
the issue was mentioned.
Wolfgang Baus wants to give pentax a hint, so maybe there could be a firmware update in the future.

10-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #197
KX5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think there will be one. The whole point of the K-1 II is the accelerator chip and Pentax isn't going to release a firmware to allow that processing to be turned off. By all accounts they are focused on further camera and lens development and don't see it as an issue.

If someone doesn't like the accelerator, they are best off buying a K-1 original which is still available and is a little cheaper than the K-1 II.
Thx Rondec & Crash82 for the replies. I used already a K1 but i was not satisfied with the AF module. I will test soon a K1ii in a demonstration and will decide if i upgrade or not. I just hope Pentax will release soon this update.
10-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KX5 Quote
Thx Rondec & Crash82 for the replies. I used already a K1 but i was not satisfied with the AF module. I will test soon a K1ii in a demonstration and will decide if i upgrade or not. I just hope Pentax will release soon this update.
There is of course a reliable rumour of a new FF next year....