Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2019, 01:34 AM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Have you had a top-flight chateauneuf du pape? Australian winemakers have made their own versions of Grenache/Sirah/Mouvedre wine for generations, but the original is still the benchmark.
Yes, you are right, chateauneuf-du-pape is a good one ...

---------- Post added 17-01-19 at 01:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Yeah, sorry, going to have to pile in and also disagree with this. And it's not just Chateau Neuf du Pape, there's some amazing Gigondas around - but hard to get down here. Not to mention one of the best reds I've ever had - an '89 Guigal La Turque.
At 300 euros, it must be.. But the real thing is to keep wines (for some of them) for a long time before drinking them in a temperate cavum... And some cheaper wines but long-keeping wines are better than very expensive ones... I drank a lot of old (more than twenty years) long-keeping wines which were far better than very good expensive ones...

Last edited by teiki arii; 01-17-2019 at 01:39 AM.
01-24-2019, 04:13 AM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
According to Google: an American Nickel weighs 5 Grams. I fail to see a problem here, ...
I took the OP as simple curiosity. Wanting to learn. Something of that sort.
+ I opened the thread planing to learn something, anyway.
It really didn't occur to me to take it as a complaint :^)
I understand now, it could have been a complaint and will read the rest of the thread to learn if I was incorrect.

---------- Post added 01-24-19 at 05:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
For one thing, the sensor would weigh more because of IBIS.

A certain amount of a DSLR is air because of the light path from mirror to prism box, so physical size doesn't mean much.
This was my second thought. This and maybe the LCD attachment apparatus weighs more.

++ well, i see this is an old thread! it is long so i skipped to the end of the book find a culinary thread! in the end, my comments above are off topic but i will leave them.. if a moderator thinks they should be removed, that is fine. in order try and bring the thread back on topic, i will say i like mustard* on french fry chips. as John Belushi's character says "cheeseburger, cheeseburger. no fries, chips."

* yellow mustard is best for this

Last edited by Tan68; 01-24-2019 at 04:27 AM.