Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-18-2018, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kudos to Precision!

There have been so many complaints about Precision that I thought I should acknowledge a positive experience. I sent my K-1 Silver in for the Mark II upgrade the first week in June. This past Friday I received an email (it looks to be the stock email they are sending out) asking me not to send the camera until they notify me. They had received the camera on June 7 and had acknowledged receipt by a phone call. They say there was a notice on their site not to send the camera in but I did not see it if it was there. The form I filled out on line was for the upgrade so that would have been a good place to give the notice. In any case, I am not here to complain because they agreed to send the camera back immediately and I picked it up this morning. All good. Mr. Mongrain the customer service representative was very responsive and helpful. I am happy to have the camera back since they will not have the boards until June 25 so it would be at least two more weeks without the camera. I does appear that Precision is trying to be responsive to customer concerns. I would not hesitate to send in my equipment after this experience. Just thought they should get some good feedback.

06-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you! It is great to hear positive news!!
06-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The only reason you only hear bad things about them is because most people who receive bad service like to vent about it, but those who receive satisfactory service don't bother telling anyone...so well done for bucking the trend.
06-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
The only reason you only hear bad things about them is because most people who receive bad service like to vent about it, but those who receive satisfactory service don't bother telling anyone...so well done for bucking the trend.
To be honest, there was a time when Precision = horror stories, even taking the bias into account.
Then things changed, and in the last year or so I've read less horror stories and more "thank you!" posts.
Not that I care personally, since I live in another country, just for the record

06-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have always had polite and efficient service from Precision.