Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Mike - thank you for starting this thread .... it has certainly driven up the thread count and made @Adam's giving a K-1 away more likely.
So if I participate here...

06-24-2018, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
I doubt many will complain about that scientific test! Note to DPR, hire some models for your bike AF tests LOL
If the shots are out of focus the pentaxians will demand a reshoot AND make sure they do it right.
06-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #78
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
If you participate on these forums anywhere and forum posts reach 40000 this month then you could win a K-1

---------- Post added 06-24-18 at 10:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
If the shots are out of focus the pentaxians will demand a reshoot AND make sure they do it right.
Most definitely! LOL
06-24-2018, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
if you participate here {post at least one time this month} and total number of posts this month reaches 40,000 and you one of the first 50 responders to one of the two threads @Adam starts then you will be entered into a drawing for a K-1

06-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you participate here {post at least one time this month} and total number of posts this month reaches 40,000 and you one of the first 50 responders to one of the two threads @Adam starts then you will be entered into a drawing for a K-1
That`s cool. The K1 is a really nice camera.
It and the 24-70 makes for a sweet combination.
06-25-2018, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Side note. We have the nude bike ride here every year. Never shot it. Now i might for science. How many shots will i get with the bounce just right?
If you do shoot it, write a nice essay about it so I can claim I'm just reading the essay.
06-25-2018, 05:33 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If you do shoot it, write a nice essay about it so I can claim I'm just reading the essay.
...that's smart thinking!

06-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #83
Pentaxian

He should write and post a preliminary copy of the essay now so that it will count towards the 40K.
06-25-2018, 06:41 AM   #84
Pentaxian

He should write and post a preliminary copy of the essay now so that it will count towards the 40K.
He should post one sentence at a time.
06-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Testing the afc with bikes on my camera needed bikes and since the annual nude bike ride just happened I decided to wait until next year.
Lol
06-25-2018, 07:06 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Testing the afc with bikes on my camera needed bikes and since the annual nude bike ride just happened I decided to wait until next year.
Lol
What you missed it? And here we thought you were a dependable kind of guy. They don't have nude rides here in Whitney and with our median age of 55 for 700 people, I'm not sure you'd want to see pictures of it if they did. There have been years the graduating class of our 1-8th grade school have been as low as 3. The whole town would have to come out to even make it work as a parade.
06-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #87
Pentaxian

I was June 9th. I always hear about these things on the news after the fact. Apparently it was led by my neighbor, the top burlesque performer in New Orleans. I only know she is my neighbor because I received her mail once. She owns a house on my street and has my address at a different house. The sender confused the two.
06-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #88
Pentaxian

I was June 9th. I always hear about these things on the news after the fact. Apparently it was led by my neighbor, the top burlesque performer in New Orleans. I only know she is my neighbor because I received her mail once. She owns a house on my street and has my address at a different house. The sender confused the two.
So did you take it over and put it in her hand?
06-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #89
Pentaxian

So did you take it over and put it in her hand?
I did and she answered the door in a towel. That was the end of it.
06-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
Yeah I didn't like figuring this result, I'd heard about it but never thought it was right as my screw drive lenses are good and fast, but my friend who is likely more observant noticed the difference when we swapped lenses.[COLOR="Silver"]
That could be too bad for me also, as I might have to buy another lens eventually.

I think the DA*50-135 is only lens of this ~type I have. It’s fantastic for slow movement like parades, but worthless for the type of sports shooting I typically do (athletes running towards me).