Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I would never gainsay someone who wanted to work with film. There is a psychological engagement with an image when you've processed the film, worked in darkroom dcropping, fiddling exposure, dodging, burning and got your fingers wet in chemicals that you've mixed from powders. Done all that and spent more time doing it than I care to remember. But if you have to go with one system, the vast, vast majority of us are far better off with digital.

BTW: Do you digitize your film images for posting here on PF?
I have not got round to posting any film images on PF yet. The vast majority of my film output is taken when I am on holiday on 35mm B+W. I get an excellent service from Peak Imaging in Sheffield , who process and scan very reasonably. I prefer film for B+W , and for this type of picture, as I get to re-live the holiday when I get the photos back and I don't hack off the better half by constantly looking at a screen to see what you have taken. There is a thread for film pics on this forum, and I might get round to joining it at some point, but unfortunately there does not appear to be enough hours in the day, due to the wretched inconvenience of work!

07-03-2018, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
, but unfortunately there does not appear to be enough hours in the day, due to the wretched inconvenience of work!
I remember those days. HA! HA!

A colleague tried to convince me that I should not retire. Asked me: "can you make a list of everything would do during your waking hours for one full week. If you can't you should not retire." If anyone says that to you, laugh in their face, loud and long
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I would never gainsay someone who wanted to work with film. There is a psychological engagement with an image when you've processed the film, worked in darkroom dcropping, fiddling exposure, dodging, burning and got your fingers wet in chemicals that you've mixed from powders. Done all that and spent more time doing it than I care to remember. But if you have to go with one system, the vast, vast majority of us are far better off with digital.

BTW: Do you digitize your film images for posting here on PF?
I do digitize my film. I now have two scanners, an Opticfilm 7500 and the Epson V600 (just acquired). I started to use the K-1 but life became much too busy lately to build the appropriate jigs.

The past few months I’ve been posting more film images than I have been digital ones. Go figure. It really all changed for me when I stopped taking every paid job that came my way. I’ll take one here and there, but they are for old customers. Mostly I just shoot for myself now and get to spend time experimenting and having fun with a camera again.

Last edited by twilhelm; 07-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.
07-04-2018, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
I do digitize my film. I now have two scanners, an Opticfilm 7500 and the Epson V600 (just acquired). I started to use the K-1 but life became much too busy lately to build the appropriate jigs.

The past few months Iíve been posting more film images than I have been digital ones. Go figure. It really all changed for me when I stopped taking every paid job that came my way. Iíll take one here and there, but they are for old customers. Mostly I just shoot for myself now and get to spend time experimenting and having fun with a camera again.
What a pleasant treat, nothing like shooting for yourself!!!