Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2018, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.perkins Quote
Mike S;

It's all good, really.
I do not expect anyone to be able to really answer my question for awhile, maybe in a year of using one.

I grew up in Illinois and never really understood why people called it the Midwest, it is not even close to being west.
Central U.S. was and is how I describe it.
But Wisconsin is East of Arizona
Phoenix was nice in 1985, not too large and you could get around without all the traffic.
I watched it grow for 30yrs.
Felt it get warmer also from all the farm land turned into concrete and more construction and highways.
Glad we got out and moved back to the Midwest/North Central U.S.
Thanks Mike, take care out there.

Clarence
The Phoenix I loved was of the 50s and 60s. I had left for the Army, grad school et al. by the time it started to get too big in the 70s. I am back for the desert, the mountains and a retirement full time job to die for (for someone like me). I am deeply saddened by the building but I can still get to wild desert when I want. I was in MPLS for 13 years before we moved the kids to WI to grow up. I continued to work in MPLS until I retired, or thought I had. I was not kidding about preferring scorpions to mosquitoes. I am,despite my professions, very much an outdoor guy.

07-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I love my K1 mk2. I've used 3 different systems including M43rds. I loved the small size and evf of my EM5mk2 but there was something. Like you said, the size of holding a big camera. There's something about it. Buying the K1mk2 brought back my love for photography. I'm also buying the 50mm/1.4 I've decided I can afford it, so what the heck :P
07-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
I love my K1 mk2. I've used 3 different systems including M43rds. I loved the small size and evf of my EM5mk2 but there was something. Like you said, the size of holding a big camera. There's something about it. Buying the K1mk2 brought back my love for photography. I'm also buying the 50mm/1.4 I've decided I can afford it, so what the heck :P
Glad to hear your happy. I think most buyers will be. But you may have to wait awhile for the DFA*50 1.4. Preorders seem to be sold out. Hope you got in in time.
07-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #19

Original Poster
Hah, I didn't anticipate a K1 ll vs. l discussion, but that's okay. I was all set on upgrading, but 1. My K1 does work pretty well. 2. I use S-AF almost exclusively. 3. I can use that $500 dollars on a lens. 4. I don't care about hand held pixel shift.

If I heard lots of comments about how S-AF was much more sure, locking on in the dark, avoiding missed focus in backlit situations, etc, I'd be all over it. Although if C-AF is way better, I suppose I could switch to using it exclusively with back button focus keeping it disengaged from the shutter button.