Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 40 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
For me, pixel shift is fun to try but never made any meaningful difference vs single exposure. There's more value into Astrotracer and 36Mp FF for under 2K. Dynamic pixel shift is more value for me, because I remember traveling and wanting to photograph some architectural thing at dusk and lack of tripod was a problem; with DPS I could have bumped ISO and get away with a good picture. And since this is a thread about the K1 II, I'm happy that the K1 II is free of shutter shock, for me that's a great improvement (I don't know if the improvement came from a firmware change , like a slight delay between mirror/shutter or something fixed on the K1 II shutter mechanism).
Yeah, I know. Similar experience. And for me handheld is almost never worth the overhead, and loss of raw. You can push stuff a long way.

And even with regular PS there are constraints, even with a tripod. I've gotten motion artifacts from air movement with distant objects, for instance. But in the cool desert, it can make a much better picture. And for macros. So it really is dependent on what you're trying to achieve. And of course what end product you need. For photo competitions that I do, it's not worth it at all since those images are projected.