Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is K-1 LCD screen same size & ratio as 645Z's?

I'm looking for LCD screen protectors for K-1, but 645Z's screen protectors are cheaper. So, I have this question. Hope they are interchangeable. Anyone knows?

08-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I can’t answer your question but I have one for you. Most of the screen protectors I’ve seen are not terribly expensive. Why aren’t you asking what would be the best one to put on your $1700 camera rather than will this cheap one fit? Just saying.
08-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hyyz Quote
I'm looking for LCD screen protectors for K-1, but 645Z's screen protectors are cheaper. So, I have this question. Hope they are interchangeable. Anyone knows?
Yes, they are the same size. The K-1 has a larger surrounding frame, but that's it.

Pentax K-1 vs. Pentax 645Z vs. Pentax 645D - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

Any screen protector that's big enough should work, IMO, since these screens generally all have the same aspect ratio.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steve_k Quote
Most of the screen protectors I’ve seen are not terribly expensive. Why aren’t you asking what would be the best one to put on your $1700 camera rather than will this cheap one fit? Just saying.
In fairness, some really excellent screen protectors are very cheap indeed. The OP might already have one such example.

I've been using Vikuiti DQCT130 screen protectors on most of my cameras for years now. They're inexpensive, hard-wearing and easily removable with no residue...

08-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all for the inputs. I don't normally use LCD protector on my cameras because I found using it normally compromise viewing experience. So, I tend to not use screen protector but, instead, use quality camera case and extra care. But I'm preparing for a trip that I know I may run into dusty environment and tight schedule. Therefore, I start to look for a screen protector as temporary protection. IMHO, these camera LCD screens are too good in viewing to use any cover to compromise viewing experience - LOL. Thanks Adam for the information on sizes!