Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 951
Did you enter the WIFI Password of the camera in the "Communication Settings" ?

12-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,116
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Did you enter the WIFI Password of the camera in the "Communication Settings" ?
Yep, did that and triple checked that it was correct. The phone connects with the camera but when the app tries to connect if fails using that same password. It is so odd that the app needs to connect separately from the phone.
12-01-2018, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,898
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Yep, did that and triple checked that it was correct. The phone connects with the camera but when the app tries to connect if fails using that same password. It is so odd that the app needs to connect separately from the phone.
Can you get the Internet when the phone's connected to the camera?

Since that's not possible, what's happened is the phone has switched over to your cellular network to keep data flow going.

12-02-2018, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,116
Thanks, Clackers. That was it exactly. The embarrassing thing is I should have known that could be the problem because I had the same issue a year and a half ago trying to get a Theta to connect. It would not do it at home but worked fine when I was on a hike in the desert where there was no cell coverage. I had completely forgotten about that issue until I read your message. Thanks again.

12-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,898
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks, Clackers. That was it exactly. The embarrassing thing is I should have known that could be the problem because I had the same issue a year and a half ago trying to get a Theta to connect. It would not do it at home but worked fine when I was on a hike in the desert where there was no cell coverage. I had completely forgotten about that issue until I read your message. Thanks again.
Glad to hear it worked out, Mike!

When people ask why is this happening to me but not others with the same app, they do have to realize not everyone's phone is the same.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
app, camera, dslr, full frame, full-frame, image, k-1, k1, liveview, options, pentax k-1, phone, times
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alternative choice for Ricoh Image Sync App - Pentax Photo Sync Xiaoming Pentax K-1 194 10-16-2018 12:21 PM
Image Sync future - image sync or wireless remote? rechmbrs Product Suggestions and Feedback 0 12-16-2016 07:53 PM
First K-S2 image transfer to iPhone using Image Sync Marktax Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 22 02-13-2016 02:57 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top