Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Did you enter the WIFI Password of the camera in the "Communication Settings" ?

12-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Did you enter the WIFI Password of the camera in the "Communication Settings" ?
Yep, did that and triple checked that it was correct. The phone connects with the camera but when the app tries to connect if fails using that same password. It is so odd that the app needs to connect separately from the phone.
12-01-2018, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Yep, did that and triple checked that it was correct. The phone connects with the camera but when the app tries to connect if fails using that same password. It is so odd that the app needs to connect separately from the phone.
Can you get the Internet when the phone's connected to the camera?

Since that's not possible, what's happened is the phone has switched over to your cellular network to keep data flow going.

12-02-2018, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, Clackers. That was it exactly. The embarrassing thing is I should have known that could be the problem because I had the same issue a year and a half ago trying to get a Theta to connect. It would not do it at home but worked fine when I was on a hike in the desert where there was no cell coverage. I had completely forgotten about that issue until I read your message. Thanks again.

12-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks, Clackers. That was it exactly. The embarrassing thing is I should have known that could be the problem because I had the same issue a year and a half ago trying to get a Theta to connect. It would not do it at home but worked fine when I was on a hike in the desert where there was no cell coverage. I had completely forgotten about that issue until I read your message. Thanks again.
Glad to hear it worked out, Mike!

When people ask why is this happening to me but not others with the same app, they do have to realize not everyone's phone is the same.