Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by velvia Quote
Preparations for the Autumn Steam Gala 2015 - YouTube
This was taken with a k5 and M 50mm 1.7. Processed with Lightroom and LRTimelapse
Cool sequence. I need to find some place cool in the daytime and try one one like this.

09-04-2018, 04:25 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
One of my first ones with the K-1. One thing I learned from this is even if you have the camera in full manual, you might get flicker in your final product. It seems it was due to slight exposure variations between frames, most likely because the actual aperture on the lens isn't 100% consistent. Now when I play about, I use old manual lenses so the aperture doesn't change between frames.

09-04-2018, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
One of my first ones with the K-1. One thing I learned from this is even if you have the camera in full manual, you might get flicker in your final product. It seems it was due to slight exposure variations between frames, most likely because the actual aperture on the lens isn't 100% consistent. Now when I play about, I use old manual lenses so the aperture doesn't change between frames.

Trying out a Time Lapse. - YouTube
A good reason to just take the images and use a program to create the Time Lapse. LRTimeLapse has a flicker feature to help reduce this. I think there is another program out there as well to help out. deflicker? Someone on the board mentioned it to me but I have not checked it out.

But Timelapses can be fun!
09-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The great thing about timelapse is that it's a series of individual pictures that you can use individually you want to - there's a very nice moment where the milky way is passing over the central pinacle that loos very good as a standalone to my eye

09-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
The great thing about timelapse is that it's a series of individual pictures that you can use individually you want to - there's a very nice moment where the milky way is passing over the central pinacle that loos very good as a standalone to my eye
This as well. I hope to get a great single image out of this but have not worked on it yet. I need to finish a course in Exposure Blending so I can improve my PS skills. Single image edited, I think I am ok. But now looking at the next level. Stacking of sky and foreground and blending into a single image. I feel it makes even a better image. But is a LOT harder. So I am currently trying to improve my PS skills which are limited.

But this is another great point in taking the images and turning into a Time Lapse later.
09-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by velvia Quote
Preparations for the Autumn Steam Gala 2015
This was taken with a k5 and M 50mm 1.7. Processed with Lightroom and LRTimelapse
That is awesome. Would be double awesome if the Music was the
though
09-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #22
Veteran Member

What software do you guys use to combine your photos into a time laps?

09-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
What software do you guys use to combine your photos into a time laps?
LRTimelapse is the best software for timelapse. You can download a free version, which has a limit of 400 images. You can use this for as long as you like, subject to the 400 image limit. The website has a wealth of instructions and tutorials and there's a forum where you can ask any questions. To process the images you also need Lightroom.
09-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Anything for the non-Lightroom user?
09-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Anything for the non-Lightroom user?
I use Premier myself.
09-23-2018, 08:28 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is a daytime Timelapse taken in Park City Utah.

They have an annual balloon fesitval each Autumn. Alas, this year both days were cancelled due to high winds. But as you will see, one balloon did take off and land nearby on a golf course.

Created with LRTimelapse, Lightroom, & Camtasia for the text overlays.

10-02-2019, 06:59 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So the last time I posted on this was the Autumn Aloft in 2018.

So now that I have attended the event in 2019, I figure I will post my Timelapse from that event.

I have a few more timelapses to work on including a few from Glacier National Park. I hope to get to them in the next few months.

10-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #28
Inactive Account

I have a handful of timelapse clips on Instagram but having a hard time posting Instagram videos here. Whenever I try to post, it shows only URL of the video instead of the actual video (see on the preview page). (I don't have the same problem with Youtube video.)
Can anyone help shed light on how to post the Instagram video here?
10-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I really like your milky way time lapses. Good work.

I'm intrigued by the methods you all are using for your timelapses. I have resorted to just doing batch edits in whatever free editor of choice (rawtherapee or darktable), then using ffmpeg via commandline for turning into a video. That actually works really well and it's pretty fast and of course very flexible.

To add on top of that, I have started using a free video editing program called DaVinci Resolve 16, which allows for some awesome motion tracking abilities. Makes the timelapses more dynamic.

Then recently I have been just using the K-1's built-in 4k timelapse mode, so I lose some extra detail and editing power, but then I just am done with it and can post it, haha. Just depends how serious I am about it.

Here's a timelapse mixed with some video:

Here's a flower blooming timelapse (I later got a better one with a better angle and more full blooming, but apparently have not posted it anywhere yet...)

I have many more tiny clips of stars that I want to put together into an end-of-year timelapse montage. We'll see if I ever get around to it.
10-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wow great work everybody.