Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Yikes! At least it happened in the line of duty instead of being knocked off a shelf while idle. Yes, take the monster into the veterinary. They will know what to do.
Unfortunately the only thing they will have to do is replace the front lens
public a wide made with the old tamron adaptall2 17mm f / 3.5 that I am forced to use instead of the monster, is a shot of the river Po that wets Piacenza which is the city in which I live, see you soon

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Ouch. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you get the Monster fixed ASAP but I'm sure you already know it's going to cost you!

But back to the first image; what happened to the clouds? Looks almost like a GIF? Over processed?
09-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will you be sending the camera in for checking too, or are you confident it's only the lens that was damaged?
09-27-2018, 03:03 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amstel78 Quote
Ouch. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you get the Monster fixed ASAP but I'm sure you already know it's going to cost you!

But back to the first image; what happened to the clouds? Looks almost like a GIF? Over processed?
I processed it with photoshop: menubar - image- then calculate then multiply to make it dramatically

---------- Post added 09-27-18 at 03:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Will you be sending the camera in for checking too, or are you confident it's only the lens that was damaged?
the k1 I tried with other objectives and does not seem to have suffered damage, as I write I'm waiting for the courier that will bring the monster in assistance, I will inform you of what happens ...

---------- Post added 09-27-18 at 03:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
That is not good.

Sorry about that.

Weird that it is showing up. What aperture was the image with your niece taken with.

I have some evil scratches on my 28-105 and I only see problems when I am past f/13. And my damage seems worse than that. At f/13 I see some darkness in some spots. Nothing like your image which seems to be an actual representation of how the damage on the front element looks like.
in fact, the photo was taken at f14, perhaps at larger openings the damage is seen much less ... but to drop a lens like that after not even a week of life is not beautiful

Last edited by albertoscaccia; 09-27-2018 at 03:14 AM.
09-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by albertoscaccia Quote
The monster is wounded, after a few days of use I fell, in fact I fell with him, with the k1 and with the tripod. I was going to make ultrawide shots in the middle of nature but I stumbled on a branch in the creek of a stream and here we are to comment on the crime. That sign you see on the front lens indelibly brand all the shots as you can see in the picture I did my niece. There is no alternative, I have to send it to the repair, it is a blow to the pride of owning an extraordinary thing but I do not get down, life goes on, now for a while 'you will not see my photos on this thread but certainly some part I will post other photos made with other equally fantastic lens, hello to everyone
Well, it's good that you are ok. The lens can be fixed. My Brother Inlaw recently fell in his driveway, and died.
Terry
10-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Well, it's good that you are ok. The lens can be fixed. My Brother Inlaw recently fell in his driveway, and died.
Terry
Of course, what you tell me is immensely more serious than what happened to me, I'm very sorry, good luck
10-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Terry
I'm sorry to hear that Terry!

10-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Of course, what you tell me is immensely more serious than what happened to me, I'm very sorry, good luck
Thank you, Sir. Regarding the DFA 15-30, I had it, but returned it for some reason. But, I'm going to buy it again. I absolutely love to mount it on my k-1 and a heavy tripod. It's such a pleasure to shoot with. 15mm is my favorite focal length. This lens pairs so well with the 24-70 for landscape.
Terry

---------- Post added 10-04-18 at 02:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm sorry to hear that Terry!
Thank you, Mark.
Terry
11-15-2018, 02:40 PM - 2 Likes   #24

Original Poster
the monster is back home

Hello guys, after almost two months of detachment (due to repair) yesterday the monster is back home more smart than ever. I went to an exhibition on the objects of the great war and I saw that someone else has suffered blows beyond my lensas you can see below,
under this is a historical monument of my city, Piacenza_Italy, which dates back to 1500
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #25
Unregistered User

I find, given the nature of being a human in an unforgiving world, that the price of a very high quality UV filter can save one from a world of hurt. Sixty or eighty bucks for the filter is nothing compared to the value of the lens or the cost of having it fixed. People go back and forth with whether or not UV light affects the output of a DSLR's sensor, but the lens-protection is worth it.
11-20-2018, 11:10 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
I find, given the nature of being a human in an unforgiving world, that the price of a very high quality UV filter can save one from a world of hurt. Sixty or eighty bucks for the filter is nothing compared to the value of the lens or the cost of having it fixed. People go back and forth with whether or not UV light affects the output of a DSLR's sensor, but the lens-protection is worth it.
Well, a five dollar generic lens cap is even stronger protection.

11-21-2018, 06:52 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
15-30 does not accept filters

---------- Post added 11-21-18 at 06:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
from now on the cap I take off just the time to take the picture
11-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

15-30 does not accept filters

---------- Post added 11-21-18 at 06:54 AM ----------

There are several filter holders which fit the 15-30 (Haida, Nisi, Wonderpane etc)
11-21-2018, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
There are several filter holders which fit the 15-30 (Haida, Nisi, Wonderpane etc)
yes I know, I meant filters of acceptable size, those available for 15-30 are huge and expensive and certainly have no purpose to protect the front lens, for that there is the cap
11-21-2018, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, I wouldn't be walking across a creek without a solid cap on a lens ... you're more adventurous than me, Alberto!