Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I think the positive in this is that they are honoring last minute send-ins
I would hope that they would honor last minute send ins. They said the offer was through the end of September. Not until we run out of parts, or until a certain number of upgrades have been performed.

11-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DonovanJM Quote
I would hope that they would honor last minute send ins. They said the offer was through the end of September. Not until we run out of parts, or until a certain number of upgrades have been performed.
Well, by that I mean that I think they were honoring intent to send in: consistently Precision has said don't send in your camera until we know we have the parts. At least that's haow it was over the summer. They told me to wait, but then said ok send it in. And still they ran out at the last minute, as people sent in cameras, so I got bumped.
11-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and who knows what the chip supplier's scene is....
Exactly - many variables here. We have no idea what the fab process is to make these boards and production runs and quantities, and that includes production that is designated for full camera builds to satisfy customers buying a new K-1 II off the shelf versus doing an upgrade. Given the markets, I can see RIcoh following a process that is practically building on demand to keep inventory levels low.
11-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #64
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like they got bit by JIT.

11-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #65
Pentaxian

My level of irritation is really high right now; I think the highest since I started with Pentax in 2008 (and believe me, there have been reasons for irritation before). Not gonna bash though. Not yet.

I submitted my request on September 24 and received an email, and the pertinent part looks like this:
Your request for service has been received. To avoid any delay please be sure you have checked the following items.
  • Please wrap the receipt page around your product with an elastic band
  • For units under a manufacturer's warranty, you MUST include a copy of the original proof of purchase receipt to validate your warranty claim
  • Verify that all information supplied below is accurate and complete
  • Only include accessories that pertain to the problem you are experiencing

Shipping Information:

U.S. Customers ship your repair to: PCVR, 7 Anngina Drive, Enfield, CT 06082

Canadian Customers: Please refer to page 2 of your receipt for shipping instructions.

Click Here for PDF Receipt.
So naturally, I sent in the camera. I did all those things on the list and somehow wasn't able to "avoid delay." There's absolutely nothing in this email about "hold onto your camera until we're ready," and unfortunately I hadn't checked this thread.

I've now been without it for a month and half, and I'm looking at ANOTHER month and a half, if not longer? Likely all the way through the US holiday season? C'mon Precision and Ricoh, have at least a minimal level of respect for your customers.

Send us an email. Let us know what's going on. Since that order confirmation I -- like everyone else -- have received absolutely nothing.
11-06-2018, 03:46 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
My level of irritation is really high right now; I think the highest since I started with Pentax in 2008 (and believe me, there have been reasons for irritation before). Not gonna bash though. Not yet.

I submitted my request on September 24 and received an email, and the pertinent part looks like this:
Your request for service has been received. To avoid any delay please be sure you have checked the following items.
  • Please wrap the receipt page around your product with an elastic band
  • For units under a manufacturer's warranty, you MUST include a copy of the original proof of purchase receipt to validate your warranty claim
  • Verify that all information supplied below is accurate and complete
  • Only include accessories that pertain to the problem you are experiencing

Shipping Information:

U.S. Customers ship your repair to: PCVR, 7 Anngina Drive, Enfield, CT 06082

Canadian Customers: Please refer to page 2 of your receipt for shipping instructions.

Click Here for PDF Receipt.
So naturally, I sent in the camera. I did all those things on the list and somehow wasn't able to "avoid delay." There's absolutely nothing in this email about "hold onto your camera until we're ready," and unfortunately I hadn't checked this thread.

I've now been without it for a month and half, and I'm looking at ANOTHER month and a half, if not longer? Likely all the way through the US holiday season? C'mon Precision and Ricoh, have at least a minimal level of respect for your customers.

Send us an email. Let us know what's going on. Since that order confirmation I -- like everyone else -- have received absolutely nothing.
Excuse me. Please remember that you waited until days before the deadline, and by your own admission didn't check this thread. This is not to let Precision off the hook, but only to point out that you bear at least a bit of responsibility here.
11-07-2018, 04:10 AM - 2 Likes   #67
Forum Member

Excuse me. Please remember that you waited until days before the deadline, and by your own admission didn't check this thread. This is not to let Precision off the hook, but only to point out that you bear at least a bit of responsibility here.
In what way is Quicksand partially responsible? He was quite within his rights to send the camera off before the deadline, which he did, and he was also under no obligation to read this thread before doing so.

11-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by doodlebug Quote
In what way is Quicksand partially responsible? He was quite within his rights to send the camera off before the deadline, which he did, and he was also under no obligation to read this thread before doing so.
Just because he was quite within his rights doesn't mean he was smart to do so. And I certainly understand being a bit annoyed (as I was when I sent mine in and then had to wait for parts), but a bit annoyed is different than what was expressed.

Also, to make such a major change to a perfectly good camera one owns would seem to me to demand a bit of due diligence....
11-08-2018, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #69
Pentaxian

Sounds like some explanation is in order.

I'm very irritated, bordering on angry. I'm still grudgingly tolerating the situation. (Sure, I could get them to send the camera back, but I haven't done that.) Maybe you need to understand my personality to get that "very irritated" doesn't mean I'm prone to lashing out ... it's an internal condition. I'm irritated. Annoyed. I'm not about to set my equipment on fire or change systems or start calling out pro-Pentax people on this forum. I'm one of them!

Fact 1: This upgrade offer was presented, and the deadline was September 30.

Fact 2: I thought a long time about going ahead with it, and decided on September 24 to do so. A week before the deadline. I filled out the online form, got my confirmation email, and followed the email exactly, to the letter.

Fact 3: I didn't look at this forum thread, which (I now see) began after I sent my camera in. In any case, why should I search an enthusiast's forum to determine the terms of a commercial arrangement I'm entering into?

Fact 4: It has been more than six weeks since I sent the camera in. I haven't heard a darn thing. No ETA, no apology, no explanation. In my view, this is not acceptable.

I'm feeling disrespected as a customer, and rightly so.

That's all!

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-16-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Two "Fact 3"s turned into a 3 and a 4.
11-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #70
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

I got the same form letter, but when I filled out the form on the site and gave my info it said to wait until they contact you before mailing it in. If, based on the timeframe given to others, they will not get it done until after Christmas, I'd just about call and ask for the camera back if I didn't have a backup body.
11-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #71

I'm with Quicksand.
They've had our cameras and money for 7 weeks and make no effort to give any answers.
I've called Precision (3) times and emailed Ricoh twice.
Absolutely no worthy excuses can be made for either company.
11-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #72

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just because he was quite within his rights doesn't mean he was smart to do so. And I certainly understand being a bit annoyed (as I was when I sent mine in and then had to wait for parts), but a bit annoyed is different than what was expressed.

Also, to make such a major change to a perfectly good camera one owns would seem to me to demand a bit of due diligence....

I called them (Precision) and was told they had the parts send it in on Sept. 24. So what Quicksand did was pretty much the same and to me this all falls on Precision and Ricoh... I did get them to refund my money til they have the parts... When I said something about the money they told me it was to hold parts, I asked them which parts they were holding, at that point they agreed to send my money back til they have something..
11-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #73

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I spoke to them (Precision) about 1 week ago and they told me parts were due in November, but they could not tell me where I am in the line. They have my camera and I am using my K3 II until I get my K1 back. Now it sounds like December. I am also frustrated with the lack of communication and misinformation, but look forward to getting the upgrade. Feels a bit like my camera is already depreciating and I can't even use it! I just hope they don't release the K1 iii before I get my ii upgrade!
11-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #74

I think by Feb we will see a new camera,but hopefully Precision will have this sorted before xmas.
11-15-2018, 02:25 AM - 2 Likes   #75

Took 8 days to upgrade

I sent in my Pentax in to Precision Camera in July... Took 8 days to upgrade...
Did not wait until the last minute knowing there might be a lot of people waiting until the last minute to upgrade..
Guess I was right!