Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #121

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
I'm skeptical anybody would claim that, most who opted for the upgrade did so for the faster autofocus or the handheld PS (at least, me). But we might hear stories of botched reassembly and switched up cameras. Being sanguine is being Pentaxian so let's hope for the best.
Yes, I agree about it will be nice with the faster focus and handheld PS, but DPReview sure gave the K1 mk2 a definite downer review. I can always buy a new K1 mk2 easier than going back to an original K1.

01-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #122

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need to call to find out when mine can be sent in. I still have heard nothing at all.
My order was placed on 9/20/2018 and received a Precision Service Order Confirmation email with PDF receipt that same day. Have been waiting for the next email ever since.

I called on Wednesday with my web order number and ask when I will receive an email to send camera in for the K-1 II upgrade. After a bit of search, they said they were not able to find my order in their system....!? They took my contact info and said will call me next day with status update. However, no call as of today. I need to call gain on Monday.

If you have not call about your upgrade, you should.
01-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I received an email on Friday, 1/11/19 that my K-1 was received that morning. They called me as I had instructed to get a new credit card number than the one provided when I submitted my upgrade request last June. I see the status is "out for repair" which obviously means my camera is in the queue for the upgrade.
01-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just checked to see if there was a change in the status of my upgrade. Sure enough, the status is now "Shipped Confirmed". I checked my UPS account and see the tracking information for delivery this Wednesday afternoon, 1/16/19. This is quicker than I thought. If it test okay after I get it back, I will be very impressed.

01-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #125

QuoteOriginally posted by agkchang Quote
I just checked to see if there was a change in the status of my upgrade. Sure enough, the status is now "Shipped Confirmed". I checked my UPS account and see the tracking information for delivery this Wednesday afternoon, 1/16/19. This is quicker than I thought. If it test okay after I get it back, I will be very impressed.
Did they initially send you an email saying that you can send it in? When did you place the order for the upgrade if you don't mind?
01-14-2019, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My order was placed in June, 2018 and instruction was not to send in until contacted to send. I did receive the initial email confirming my order with a pdf attached with instructions with about proof of purchase and how to send. I periodically called and corresponded via email since with update on expected parts availability. On 1/4/19, I received an email that they received parts and to send in my camera. You can also refer to my previous post to this thread.
01-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #127

Congrats. Do tell how the upgrade performs.

01-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Received my upgraded K-1 today, a day earlier than expected for a turn around ín less than a week. Four business days to be exact. According to the explanation of repairs that came back with my camera: “ autofocus test, check, recalibration and realignment; clean (internal-external) and optical system; general test, check, clean and repair all functions and systems”. The firmware was at 1.02.

The description of parts used: “main circuit board; replaced SR logo with II logo; certification seal”.

Went through settings to make identical to my K-1 MII. Will see about testing this weekend.
01-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #129
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I called to get an update which the person said they were passing along with my work order number via email, and that I should get a call back. Nothing yet.
01-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #130

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I called to get an update which the person said they were passing along with my work order number via email, and that I should get a call back. Nothing yet.
I didn't receive any call back after my initial contact, so I made another call on following Monday, Judy on the phone explained the K-1 II upgrade work order is on another computer system which she have no access to. She indicated my work order number have been forward to that department and I will be contacted when they have more information.

Reading agkchang's comment of placing his order in June 2018 and receiving his upgrade email on 1/4/19.....We might have to wait a while.