Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2018, 03:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Its been awhile from the last time I built a camera profile for C1, don't they have a Color editor module that allows the user to create their own camera profile?

This is from memory and notes but it went something like this, after shooting you color checker target and opening the image you want, go into the color tab ( I think) and in the ICC profile you want to show all. You then need to go back into the ICC profile and select Effect with no color correction, next you need to set your curve to camera linear.
Now in the Output tab you want to choose tiff 8 bit large size adobe RGB as your processing recipe, you then want to go and change ICC profile to embed camera profile.

Now you want to safe this file.

Now in I1 profiler yo select scanner profiling and find the target you used. now all you have to do is pick that tiff file you created. if everything is working you should them select next, there should be a reference file for the color checker in the software. save and give this a name for the camera used. So then all you have to do is close down C1 and open it up again and you should be able to see your profile you created.

10-24-2018, 03:23 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
...don't they have a Color editor module that allows the user to create their own camera profile?
Yes, the standard colour editor can be used to create camera profiles.

There are a number of guides how to create a camera profile for/with C1 that will produce correct colours but they all require considerable investment by the user and creating a colour profile that is stable in the sense of producing pleasing colours under a variety of lighting conditions is all but trivial.
11-21-2018, 12:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Viennese Quote
Hi Stefan,

I solved the problem by making custom profiles for my K1IIs DNG files

DCamProf
Look for the "profiling for capture one" part. You can download the photographed charts on the imagingressource website. You have to find the right datasheet (colorvalues) for the chosen chart. It is often part of the argyll-package.
Pentax K-1 II Review - Samples

The testcharts from Dpreview might work as well.

It will take you an evening until you get your batch files right.

When importing your DNG-Files apply a picture style with the icc profile embeded.
Since a lot of people will profit of this (I think) do you care to make your profiles public? I would at least be very interested to see where it goes...
11-23-2018, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
I experimented a bit with dcamprof, but I was not able to create good profiles for the K-1 II.
At the moment I am working with the standard Capture One Profile 'DNG Neutral'.
The results with dcamprof are currently just too oversaturated.
I have not been able to find the cause of that.
If at some point I create a perfect ICC profile, I would of course publish it here.

11-26-2018, 01:17 AM   #20

Hi,

spoke to a P1 accountant at a trade show.

A new version of C1 will be out in a few days (mine is pretty old).

Also I will borrow a Color checker from a friend and produce my own colorprofiles under daylight.

The DCAM Prof Workflow works fine. You only have to adjust the exposure of your tiff-files.
11-29-2018, 09:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Hi,

spoke to a P1 accountant at a trade show.

A new version of C1 will be out in a few days (mine is pretty old).

Also I will borrow a Color checker from a friend and produce my own colorprofiles under daylight.

The DCAM Prof Workflow works fine. You only have to adjust the exposure of your tiff-files.
Any chance you would like to share your profiles? Not everyone (well, at least me) is handy enough to make their own. I wouldn't know where to begin...

V12 is live (since yesterday.) Seems like a very powerful update, but still no support for K-1 MkII...
11-30-2018, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Any chance you would like to share your profiles? Not everyone (well, at least me) is handy enough to make their own. I wouldn't know where to begin...

V12 is live (since yesterday.) Seems like a very powerful update, but still no support for K-1 MkII...
... and IMO very high price for an upgrade - 159,- €

11-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
... and IMO very high price for an upgrade - 159,- €
The beauty of perpetual license is that you pay for your software once. No-one forces you to upgrade. I will only upgrade after they add MkII support.
On facebook Phase One answered at length why the price increase. Apparently they have increased the number of software developers to offer more features.
12-01-2018, 12:44 AM - 1 Like   #24
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The beauty of perpetual license is that you pay for your software once.
In the end it often is cheaper than subcription models. At least so far you could've skipped every other urgrade. So I used 10 for two years, skipped 11 and now got 12. If I use this version for 2 years the upgrade is under 7€/month. In the other thread there was a C1 12 video wich included 10% discount code for upgrade: AMBC1BLOG

Coming from 10 there are new layer tools which really make the upgrade worthwhile.
12-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
In the end it often is cheaper than subcription models. At least so far you could've skipped every other urgrade. So I used 10 for two years, skipped 11 and now got 12. If I use this version for 2 years the upgrade is under 7€/month. In the other thread there was a C1 12 video wich included 10% discount code for upgrade: AMBC1BLOG

Coming from 10 there are new layer tools which really make the upgrade worthwhile.
For myself, I am on the fence. There are some very useful updates (like luminosity masking) that I like. I guess if Phase One had added MkII support (and/or pixel shift) or made the Fuji film simulations available for non-Fuji camera's it would have made it easier for me to upgrade. Better support for Pentax camera's (the reading of EXIF is a b*tch) wouldn't have hurt either...

But all in all, after more than year of use (I started with v10 and now I am on v11) I am still a happy user and glad I changed from LR. They got the most important part right: C1 really excels in IQ and color!
12-01-2018, 02:45 AM   #26
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
...very useful updates (like luminosity masking) ...

They got the most important part right: C1 really excels in IQ and color!
From the little I have had to play with new version so far, I can say that the luminocity masking is good. It alone would be worth the upgrade from v10. I would probably upgrade also from v11 to get it. Test it out if you manage to download the free 30 day trial. I'd guess it's not blocked from previous owners and even if it is a new email address should go around that block.

Indeed with C1 you can make the best out of the data you collect with your lenses and camera. Why settle for less if you can affort it
12-06-2018, 02:55 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C1 is the best raw converter I have used. I really like the richness of the colours I can get from the K1 files. I downloaded v12 the other day and am having a play with it. I like the radial filter and the lum masks (still getting used to them, I think I like PS lum masks better at this stage.) My usual workflow is to get a Tiff out of C1 which I like and then use PS to add the finishing touches.
12-07-2018, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #28

ICC Profiles

You can try these two. May be a starting point for tweaking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P1M2-ICC.zip (418.0 KB, 52 views)
12-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Thanks for sharing, I'll have a look as soon as possible.

Any particular philosophy/approach behind the creation of these?
Did you use a colour checker and if so with which light source?

BTW, if you name the profiles such that they start with "PentaxK1" then they'll appear straight away in the camera profile selection dialogue for the K-1. Potentially "PentaxK11" could be the right prefix for the Pentax K-1 II, but perhaps only after the camera is supported by C1.
12-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Thank you very much! will try them out as soon as I have the chance... Txs a ;billion again!